Talk

Advanced search

BFN after ERPC

(6 Posts)
Wildwaterfalls Sat 17-Sep-11 09:52:38

Hi all

Just looking for some reassurance I think. My second MMC was discovered at a scan earlier this month and I had an ERPC 12 days ago. However, a pregnancy test I took yesterday was still a strong positive. Last time it was negative after about a week.

I expect I probably tested too early, but am wondering at what point to start worrying and asking for a scan to make sure. I can't find anything conclusive on the internet (and should stop googling!).

Thank you very much for reading this, and for any advice.

Iggly Sat 17-Sep-11 10:31:11

Are you still bleeding? I think I waited a couple of weeks after mine.

If you feel feverish, any pain or smelly discharge get thee to the docs for a check.

escapeartist Sat 17-Sep-11 12:26:57

My last erpc I got a negative after 16 days. This one I got a positive at 14 AND had continued bleeding and a sense of "fullness" and it turns out I had retained products (including part of the placenta) so had to have a repeat procedure.

I say maybe leave it a couple of days and then go for a follow up scan. Better safe than sorry!

Wildwaterfalls Sat 17-Sep-11 20:09:04

Thanks iggly and escapeartist. Really good to have your advice. It is so annoying to have worries like this on top of everything else, and getting a positive test was surprisingly upsetting.

The bleeding stopped a few days ago and I have no severe pains, although I do have mild period-like pains in lower back and stomach. I think I will take another test early next week and contact the doctor if that is still positive.

Thanks both.

Figaro82 Sun 18-Sep-11 16:20:04

Hi Wild,

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember you getting your BFP on the thread we were on sad.

After my ERPC is was 2 weeks before i got a negative test. My doctor told me it can take a good few weeks for your HGC levels go.

Stay stong x

Wildwaterfalls Sun 18-Sep-11 19:30:59

Hi figaro!

Thank you, and nice to see you again, as it were. I see the thread on the conception board is still going strong. Hope this month will be your month for a BFP - fingers crossed. Provided this HGC level issue sorts itself out I may join the thread again soon, as we are keen to get back to ttc.

Lots of love and good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now