Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Repeat ERPC and Asherman's

(7 Posts)
escapeartist Fri 16-Sep-11 08:39:24

Had to have a repeat ERPC after the last one was incomplete. There was no infection, but there was inflammation and a substantial part of the placenta was still attached.

I was devastated with the news (especially as this is now my third erpc in 5 months) and I am really really worried about Asherman's Syndrome, especially after reading info on www.ashermans.org!

Has anyone had an experience of repeat erpc and has been ok? I did do a search, but it came up with a couple of cases of women who later got Asherman's and it freaked me out even further.

My Dr was v aware of the risk (different doctor to the original one who did the first erpc) and used ultrasound guidance, which makes me feel a little better. He has also put me on some hormone replacement for a month, then wants to check my endometrium when that is finished and take it from there.

Any good news/success stories very very much appreciated.

Thank you.

kat2504 Fri 16-Sep-11 09:16:06

It sounds like your Dr is very good and it is excellent that you are going to be monitored. I'd say if there are any problems after the erpc they are likely to pick them up quickly and sort it out straight away. Am particularly impressed that they are going to use ultrasound guidance. Why on earth don't they do that with the first one so they can get the job done properly from the start?

Anyway, I'm sorry that you are having to have a second op, that is a real PITA, but it does sound like you are being well looked after by a competent medical team.

Try to stay away from dr Google. People who post about Ashermans on the internet will be the ones who did have it. The vast majority of people don't get it and therefore don't feel the need to post about it IYSWIM

There is a poster called Mummy Abroad who had Ashermans last year, it was successfully treated and I believe she is heavily pregnant now.

banana87 Fri 16-Sep-11 19:35:59

Me! I had to have 2 repeat ERPC's (5 in total) for remaining products. Scared me to death about Ashermans. You will be pleased to know that my periods returned as normal and I am now 30 weeks pregnant (3rd attempt!).

WorzselMummage Fri 16-Sep-11 19:40:24

I've had 5 erpc and once hysteroscopy with d&c and it all appears fine.

escapeartist Sat 17-Sep-11 07:21:39

Thanks for the replies - I am v scared but your experiences banana87 and WorzselMummage are helpig me relax a bit, as did your kind words (and some straight thinking) kat2504.

It just feels like this mc has taken soooo much out of me and now I have the fear of that on top of everything else. Fab news banana87 have a good last 10 weeks or so and good luck with the birth! Fingers crossed I will be able to share some good news myself when we decide to try again...

banana87 Sat 17-Sep-11 11:03:28

I know 100% exactly how you feel escapeartist as I still am freaking out! I think I will be until baby comes and even then....

One thing my consultant did say regarding Ashermans (and he is NOT an expert, so I took it with a pinch of salt) is that even after 4, 5, 6, etc ERPC's the chances of Ashermans are still low.

Give yourself some time. Have you had any blood tests for clotting or autoimmune stuff? I had some basic bloods (privately) and also got my GP to prescribe me progesterone once I did get pregnant again.

Good luck and lots of sticky baby dust coming your way!

escapeartist Sat 17-Sep-11 12:24:13

Banana87 they have in fact found the cause of my mc's - and in fact we found out before I lost this last one, but my previous gynae who seems to not have been very good said the bloods were fine.

I have since seen two gynaecologists and a haematologist and they both agree that with 3 clotting mutations (plus a pathology report after the erpc) that it is pretty obvious I have quite a severe clotting problem. I have an appointment in 2 weeks to discuss treatment for when/if I get pg again...

Thanks again for the positive thoughts - it's a long road it feels like. You'll soon be holding your wriggly baby in your arms!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now