Talk

Advanced search

Those of you who have sufferent reoccurring mc, can i ask?

(13 Posts)
gigglepin Wed 14-Sep-11 21:23:13

Are you aware of any one else in your family who has suffered mc?

Ive had 6 mcs.
Granny was one of 5, my mum is one of 5, i am one of 4, my sisters have kids, no mcs.
My dad is one of 10, all that side of the family has lots of kids.
So its only me.
What about your families?

Bohica Wed 14-Sep-11 21:28:05

I know my mum had one mc and my nan on my dads side also had one but they both went on to have living babies and their mc's were in between living babies. My MC's were all we my exDP and I never had a living child with him lucky escape I then met my now DH and we had one living and then a mc and then 2 more living children.

We have 3 girls and I've often wondered if I couldn't carry boys full term.

MsMarple Wed 14-Sep-11 21:29:10

Hi gigglepin, I've had 4 mc and one lovely DS. My Mum had 2 kids and no bother, but when I talked to my Grandma about it turns out she had mc's too.

Have you had tests and things at the docs to find out what could be the problem? I suppose some things may be hereditary and some not?

gigglepin Wed 14-Sep-11 21:34:29

Yes, tons of tests and all normal.
Im done with it, and have accepted it now but jsut wondered about others.

Bohica Wed 14-Sep-11 21:56:07

I was done with it all, my mental health was in tatters and it took me a long time to rest and get healthy again and then it happened.

Our 3rd was born after being told we couldn't have anymore due to surgery and treatment, I was sterilized after her elcs.

Be kind to yourself and things may change.

mumatron Wed 14-Sep-11 22:00:48

I had 2 dc then 4 rmc then dd2.

My mum had my brother, 7 mc, me then a further 6 mc and a full term stillbirth.

My grandmother and aunt both had mc but I'm not sure of the details.

All my mums tests came back clear too.

AndTheWinnerIs Thu 15-Sep-11 00:39:18

My paternal grandmother suffered numerous miscarriages before having my Dad at 42- only child.
Nothing on my maternal side, no miscarriages or problems with pregnancy.
I was diagnosed with Hughes Syndrome and factor v leiden following my 4th mc, treated with heperin and asprin during my next pregnancy but with no avail.

pebspop Thu 15-Sep-11 09:13:27

looks like i am the only one in my family. my mum, grandma, loads of cousins have all had kids without problems. not 100% sure about my dads side but they all seem fine as well.

my dh's mum had a stillbirth and mc though?

coccyx Thu 15-Sep-11 09:20:22

I had 9 miscarriages, have to say that miscarriage years ago was not mentioned much so have no idea if grandmothers etc had any. It is common, my mum, both sisters and Sil's all had at least one. All went on to have children.
I am fortunate to have 4 children now, but has been a long and tough road at times.

LunaticFringe Thu 15-Sep-11 09:26:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

escapeartist Thu 15-Sep-11 12:23:24

I've only had two miscarriages, so may not strictly qualify as a recurrent miscarrier (though they have now found why - i have a clotting disorder with 3 heterozygotic mutations, which means I have inherited thrombophilia from either my mum or my dad).
My grandmother had 8 pregnancies - 4 mc's, 1 stillbirth and 3 daughters. My mum had no problems! My other grandmother was told she could not have babies, managed to randomly conceive at 43 and had my dad (note: by cesaerean section without anaesthetic as she gave birth in the middle of the war in the middle of nowhere - I think of her often when I think I'm having a tough time!)

gigglepin Thu 15-Sep-11 21:03:43

bohica im 41 and have just had my 6th mc. Ive been told by the re occuring mc clinic that i will cntinue to have mcs, although they dont know why.
Im too old and too tired to go on with it.
Its too traumatic.

I do secretly hope that i have had my share of shite luck and i might have a little surprise as i am not using any contraception, but i doubt it.

Your story gives me a chink of sunshiny hope, so thanks.

babytiger Fri 23-Sep-11 19:34:10

hi gigglepin
I had my 5th miscarriage (in 5 years) in june and like you, after that, felt too old (i'm 43) and too tired to do it any more. as you say, it's all too traumatic. i decided instead to get healthy for myself. I was so angry and fed up with the consultants we were referred to who frankly weren't really interested in helping us (in their words, we've got one baby so there's no problem!??!), that i decided to do it myself. I've had my thyroid tested
I'm currently seeing a kinesiologist and she tested me for homocysteine and my levels were really high. Stress can cause high levels and high levels are known to cause miscarriage. Despite a really healthy diet, I was also deficient in some vitamins. The consultants had not even mentioned homocysteine as a factor or bothered totest for it. I don't know if this will help you but it gave me back a bit of control and we're now thinking of giving it one more go altho I'm so scared
Good luck
ps. my grandmother had a stillbirth but other than that no family problems

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now