Talk

Advanced search

TMI Alert!! What does a chemical pregnancy look like?

(6 Posts)
toomanydinosaurs Mon 12-Sep-11 12:04:31

Hi. I was hoping I could get some information about what your chemical pregnancies looked like. Basically I had a mmc in July for which I had the erpc.
I then had a normal period not very heavy and not painful really. Now I got my period again 1 day early and it's very very heavy and stringy!! I'm passing pretty large clots and I can almost feel them shock. We have been ttc and for the past week before AF arrived I was fairly confident I was pg as had some symptoms. Could this just be my body getting back to normal after the mc or does this sound like a cp? Thanks for reading this!!

farfallarocks Mon 12-Sep-11 12:11:48

Very hard to tell. I had a miscarriage/chem pregnancy at 5 weeks, it was like a normal period but the pains were excruciating. Sharp and nothing like a period pain, I could feel something was 'wrong.'

Did you get a bfp before?

There is no way of knowing otherwise. Chem pregnancy/early miscarruage your body tends to reset itself straight away, you can start trying immediately. Sorry to hear about your MMC.

toomanydinosaurs Mon 12-Sep-11 12:31:12

I didn't get a bfp as I tested way too early before my period. I had another miscarriage before this last one but I don't remember having dodgy periods afterwards. This feels wrong to me. It's not very painful though. In fact it's less painful than my usual periods which is surprising as I'm passing lots of clots. I wonder if I should log this as a cp and try to get some testing as I've had 2 mc already. I don't want to keep trying in vain if there's a fertility problem. Also, I'm getting on as well, I'm nearly 39.

farfallarocks Mon 12-Sep-11 13:10:19

In that case I would have it logged at a MC with your GP as in most cases as you say, they 'need' you to have had 3 to investigate
I am so sorry this has happnened to you sad

bugsylugs Mon 12-Sep-11 14:45:29

So sorry this is happeninng to you. Am in the middle of what looks like a mmc so heart felt thoughts to you.
How long have you been ttc, I would register it as CP to get ball rolling and if you have been trying for more than 6 months they should be investigating anyway.
Best of luck

toomanydinosaurs Mon 12-Sep-11 16:17:10

Thanks everyone. I haven't been ttc for too long and I can get pregnant quite easily but staying that way seems to be the problem sad.

Sorry you're going through a mc too bugsy. Be kind to yourself and try to take it easy. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now