Talk

Advanced search

First period after m/c - in agony

(8 Posts)
harrietlichman Mon 05-Sep-11 13:53:02

I m/c'd three months ago and hadn't had a period since until this weekend. I am in real pain with abdominal cramps and severe back ache - last night I couldn't stay in bed I was so uncomfortable, and got through it in the way you would deal with labour - it is a similar pain - comes in waves, passes and then comes back. When it happens, it takes my breath and I have to walk around until it passes. I have taken painkillers but they aren't touching it and am lying with a hot water bottle on my stomach, but have two ds's who are starting school tomorrow and have so much to do, I am really worrying - is this normal does anyone know? My dh says it is probably just because I haven';t had a period for so long and he may be right, it's just that I have never really suffered from PMT or anything so am unsure if this is normal or I should get medical advice....

neolara Mon 05-Sep-11 13:58:43

Well I've had 4 mc and never experienced anything like what you are currently going through. I think a call to your GP might be in order. Sorry for your loss.

Ju1es22 Mon 05-Sep-11 14:20:48

Hi Harrietlichman

Sorry for your loss.

I know where your coming I had a MC in December 2010 and my next few af's were horrendous nearly as bad as the mc! I had contraction like cramps and extremley heavy bleeding.

You should maybe speak to your your gp you may have picked up an infection (I had) and you may need anti-biotics

Sorry i'm not of much help hope you feel better soon

Take care xx

Mama5isalive Mon 05-Sep-11 19:29:07

Sorry for your loss - agree with others that seems like more then AF and will def go to get checked out for a peace of mind!
i know sometimes depending on how long you was pregnant for may also have something to do with it!

hope all works out for you and be kind to your self - healing emotionally sometimes is much harder then the physically healing!

harrietlichman Mon 05-Sep-11 22:23:40

Hi all

Thank you for all for your advice - I ended up in A and E this afternoon and discovered not only that I was pregnant again I was also miscarrying (for the third time) Am probably still in shock, feel quite numb, but at least out of pain. Am exhausted so won;t write anymore, but just wanted to acknowledge your replies. xx

bemybebe Mon 05-Sep-11 22:28:10

Oh, shit, so sorry harriet this is just awful awful awful. Big hugs!
I was just about going to write that I have had very long and painful first periods after my mc and my prem birth, but this is irrelevant now. Take care of yourself and hugs again.

Ju1es22 Tue 06-Sep-11 11:28:05

Aww no so sorry to hear this hun!

I know this may be too early to say this and I don't mean to upset you. But I know after I had 3 mc's they then ran blood tests to try and get to the cause of them (mine tests came back fine) But it could be something simple that you just need an injection to solve.

Just something to think about maybe not now but in a few weeks

Take care xx

harrietlichman Tue 06-Sep-11 17:08:12

Thanks all - I am going back to EPU tomorrow to have a scan just to check all is clear - they wanted to keep me in but ds2 started school today and I couldn't bear the thought of not being there for him so opted for out-patient. I am no longer in pain so hopeful I did the right thing (they mentioned the possibility of this last one being ectopic, so not totally free of worry and just want to get it over and done with)
At this stage, am unsure about how I feel about trying again - the first two were devastating, this last one, I still haven't had time to think about, weird to think I was pg without knowing, having previously been so obsessed with every symptom and knowing dates etc etc.
Am just so ridiculously tired and drained, hope tomorrow gives me some comfort somehow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now