Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Falling hcg levels & bleeding - advice appreciated

(3 Posts)
Bex13 Sat 03-Sep-11 19:54:44

I'm 41 and pregnant with my first child. At 7 weeks I started bleeding, fairly heavily, and have been for the last 8 days. I'm constantly passing clots, ranging in size from small to 2 large jelly fish like lumps 5 days ago. Drs were convinced I'd had a miscarriage but I've had 2 ultrasound scans this week and the pregnancy sac and yoke are still present (smaller than they should be at 7 weeks tho). Sadly, yesterday it seems my hcg levels fell. I've also got fibroids which are making the sac struggle for space. Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing but gone on to carry to term? Does falling hcg levels always mean miscarriage? Thanks for any responses

banana87 Sat 03-Sep-11 22:25:52

No personal experience but I know that falling HCG levels do in fact indicate miscarriage. sad Sorry hun, hope you are ok.

Ju1es22 Mon 05-Sep-11 21:15:23

Hope everything ok for you hun!

Unfortunatley I've just miscarried at 7 weeks and my hcg levels started to drop a few days before the mc started.

But I know there's always hope they may go back up and continue rising fingers crossed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now