Talk

Advanced search

Higher BBT in first proper cycle after miscarriage

(4 Posts)
AL01 Sun 28-Aug-11 14:08:26

Hello. I had a missed miscarriage followed by a D&E in July. We were told the only reason to wait to try again was for dating, so when the spotting stopped, we tried. It doesn't seem to have been successful because I had what I am sure was a period last week (lasted the usual amount of time, some pains, came after a couple of days of drop in BBT).

Now I'm into the new cycle, but my pre-ovulation temperatures are higher than ever before - right up around the cover line. I've also had several days in a row (three) of what I think are positive OPKs (two darkish lines, never happened before to me!), but my temperature has not risen and the microscope is just showing partial ferning.

Has anyone experienced anything like this after a miscarriage?

Thanks.

gruffalo2008 Mon 29-Aug-11 15:52:48

Hi Al01, have you done a pregnancy test since your D&E? If not I would probably do one, it could be that your temps are higher and your positive OPKs are down to HCG still being in your system. Might be worth doing a sensitive test just to rule that out.

X

AL01 Mon 29-Aug-11 20:15:59

Oh heck, I haven't. I'd be delighted to find out I was EXCEPT I assumed I wasn't, so had some wine, camembert and coffee when my period came. Not vast amounts, but much more than I would otherwise have done.

I don't think I am though because I haven't had the positive OPKS all the way through since my period, and they are getting fainter again.

AL01 Mon 29-Aug-11 22:19:43

Ah, stupid me. I see what you're saying now. I might still have the HCG from the miscarried pregnancy in my system. I did have positive OPKS for a while after the miscarriage, but they stopped after about ten days. And since then I'm pretty sure I ovulated last month, about 16 days after the D&E, and had the period. The OPKS have only become positive again from about 6 days after my period started, and they are definitely getting fainter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now