Talk

Advanced search

Conceiving after a missed abortion

(3 Posts)
CockapooJo Wed 24-Aug-11 12:38:16

Hi Guys,

I had a missed abortion in 2007, I found out in my 12th week that the baby had died at 8 weeks.

The hairs still stand up on the back of my neck when I think about it.. Very much a blurr but so vivid in my thoughts.

The reason for my message is to ask, if pregnancy after a d&c is possible.
I have been trying to conceive for so long now but nothing and I am now scared that something was damaged when they done the D&C.
I have had all the test and my hormones are as they should be??

Thank you

Jo

pebspop Wed 24-Aug-11 16:07:30

you shouldn't have any trouble getting pregnant because of the d&c.

what have your doctors said? do you use a fertility monitor or ov sticks?

kat2504 Wed 24-Aug-11 17:42:49

No the d&c shouldn't make any difference. Very very rarely the d&c can cause Ashermans syndrome, which means that scar tissue has to be surgically removed. However, if you had this I don't think you would be having periods as normal so you would know about it by now.

Since you have been trying again for so long, you should be eligible for some more fertility investigations and possibly might be a candidate for IVF if there is a problem. You should go back to the docs. The problem might not be to do with your hormones and perhaps your partner needs testing too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now