Talk

Advanced search

Need some good news!

(4 Posts)
escapeartist Thu 18-Aug-11 16:34:39

I am currently having my second mc, this one at 6 weeks. It seems to be a lot less traumatic psychologically than my first one, which was a mmc at 10 weeks, followed by an ERPC. We had seen a health hb at 7 weeks with that one and we were told we had a v small chance of mc past that stage, so had felt safe. Next u/s there was no hb, baby had died the week before.

I am 31 and v sad. My DH, who is being great, keeps saying that we will get there in the end, but I would love to hear some stories from women who had had 2 or more mc before they had a healthy baby.

We have no children yet and we both want them so much (we are both primary school teachers, so kind of know the reality of children, not just the fantasy). Is my dream of a big family slowly disappearing?

munkiii Thu 18-Aug-11 19:43:56

I am so very sorry to hear your news, I remember trying to help when you posted about your first mc.

Others will be along soon with good advice and practical information but until then I did not want you to go unanswered.

Allow yourself to feel as sad as you want to, any emotion you have is normal. I am so sorry you are having to go through this again.

Please look after yourself and your DH.

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this again, I have 'only' had one miscarriage but it was also at 10 weeks after seeing heartbeat and I was so sure it would work out. DS was concieved 2 months after m/c.

My best friend had two m/c on at 12 weeks and one and 6 weeks. She now has a healthly DS aged 10 months and another baby one the way (16 weeks).

Take as much or as little time as you need before trying again, and be kind to each other.

escapeartist Fri 19-Aug-11 13:08:35

Thanks munkii and tootired. I am currently feeling physically v weak and exhausted, as well as scared for what the future holds - will I ever have a successful pregnancy?

It's v nice to hear of others who have been through this and have come out the other way - at this stage there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now