Talk

Advanced search

preg test neg. Does this mean MC finished? Advice needed!!

(3 Posts)
greengoose Wed 17-Aug-11 17:19:43

Hi, Im a bit confused! This is my second MC, but first was d+c, so cant compare. This time I am a week past my scan which showed no baby and things starting to come away at 6wks. I have had a light period amount of bleeding and felt crampy for about five days, but not as bad as my usually heavy period.
I was showing a slight positive still on test a week ago, and today I tested neg. an a pee stick. Does this mean it is over??! Seems a bit too straight forward to me, was expecting to have pain and clots etc. Has anyone else had a 'light' MC? I am wondering if I need a scan to check, or if I can start trying again.....

IslaValargeone Wed 17-Aug-11 17:23:46

Sounds very similar to an experience I had. Didn't go for a scan or anything.
If you feel ready to try, then go for it.
Wishing you all the best x

scarletfingernail Wed 17-Aug-11 21:34:27

Sorry for your loss greengoose

I was told with both of my natural MCs that once I had a negative test it was indeed all over.

My first 1 at 7 weeks was a lot worse than the one I had at 6.5 weeks. Although it seemed like there was only a few days difference I guess it depends what stage exactly the pregnancy failed. I assumed my second one hadn't progressed anywhere near as far as the second and had maybe failed a bit before I knew, hence it not seeming too bad.

If you're feeling ok you should be ok to start trying again. Best wishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now