Talk

Advanced search

Early miscarriage?

(12 Posts)
skinnychai Sun 07-Aug-11 10:06:27

Hi there.

I think I might have just had an early miscarriage. Started what I thought was a really heavy period (normally only have very light periods but they have been a bit heavier since having my 5 month old) but then passed a large clot - about the size of a small plum. I had restarted on the pill but ran 2 packets together. Had felt slightly nauseous for a few days about a week ago but hadn't done a test. Do you think this could be a miscarriage? Do I need to see a Dr or do anything?

Thanks

wickedorwhat Sun 07-Aug-11 14:10:59

hello skinny,
i am pretty sure i am miscarrying too at 7 weeks, mine is slightly different to yours as mine seems to be dragging on a bit. [might be my age 43!] .i have bright bleeding and small clots so far. if you feel fine other than the usual cramps, feeling shitty etc dont worry about the doctors yet. its very early for both of us. i have not seen a doctor because i had a feeling this was going to happen anyway. I am just going to wait and see. ps my periods were heavier after kids too, quite normal i think xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

charlee89 Wed 10-Aug-11 22:10:17

hi there, i went to the doctor today after having brown discharge with clots in for the past few days,doctor told me its threatened miscarriage and only to worry if pain and bright red blood occurs.anyway discharged stopped this afternoon and tonight i am experiencing bright red blood with clots an some sharp pains on and off.i am so scared this is my first pregnancy and i have no idea what to do

chocwaffer Wed 17-Aug-11 10:41:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

farfallarocks Thu 18-Aug-11 10:58:56

and that she hasnt got that child in her womb because it has gone to someone who wants a child more than her at that time

Sorry choc is this meant to helpful? It isn't much from my point of view. Have you ever had a miscarriage?

farfallarocks Thu 18-Aug-11 11:00:11

So sorry you are all goign through this. It is worth going to the docs just to check the bleeding is not excessive. Also to have it put on file just in case (god forbid) it happens again as they need 3 to investigate. Hugs.

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Thu 18-Aug-11 12:25:31

Words fail me, chocs.

skinnychai it would be worth visiting your GP imo. Depending on how things work in your area, you ought to be referred for a scan at an EPAU.

I think it's important to to make sure that if you have indeed miscarried, that the miscarriage is complete.

charlee89 Sat 20-Aug-11 20:46:30

choc that comment was far from helpful.the complete opposite infact.you have obviously never misscarried because if you had you would never write something so insensitive.

FrogFarm Sat 20-Aug-11 21:41:08

chocs profile says she is 16, just a though choc, perhaps giving advice on a topic which you know little about is not very helpful.
skinny are you still bleeding heavily now,if you soaking a pad every hour get yourself to A&E.
I would second the advise to see your GP to make sure that if indeed you have had a miscarriage sad it is complete.
Take care

kat2504 Sun 21-Aug-11 08:27:40

You could possibly have had a very early miscarriage. Another possibility is a corpus luteum cyst. It's unlikely on the combined pill but possible on the mini pill. Dr Google says they can take a few months to resolve. If you have been using the pill correctly, pregnancy is unlikely, but as we all know, not impossible.

A similar thing happened to me last year, I hadn't done a test either. The doctor said I'll never really know if it was a chemical pregnancy or not. I'm really glad I had it checked out as I had 2 definite mc's afterwards and am now using that first incident towards the 3 they need to start investigations.

I agree that you should ask the doctor to investigate what is going on. You may need a scan to check that everything is ok.

LunaticFringe Sun 21-Aug-11 21:25:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JenaiMarrHePlaysGuitar Mon 22-Aug-11 10:31:32

I checked her profile before launching into a rant - as Frog says she's only 16. I had some pretty strange ideas when I was that young. But yes, probably best that the post was removed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now