Talk

Advanced search

'bulky uterus' mentioned on ERPC report?

(3 Posts)
Arianrhod Mon 01-Aug-11 11:43:38

Hi ladies - I had an ERPC last Tues after my third MC this year, and noted on the ERPC report it stated "10 week sized uterus. Bulky uterus. Normal cervix.".

I asked the discharging ward sister what they meant by "bulky uterus" and she didn't know (couldn't get to see the consultant at the time). Having googled this term, it seems to indicate fibroids - is this right??? Or does this mean something else when taken in conjunction with an ERPC/micarriage? I don't recall seeing this on the report of the ERPC I had in January, so I'm a bit worried.

thanks
Ari x

milkyways Sat 06-Aug-11 22:26:30

Hi, I've had a quick search on google for you, and I can only come up with the fact that "bulky" in your case may just mean "enlarged uterus". If there had been fibroids or any other anatomical distortions to your uterus, they would have been obliged to write that down in the report. After the ERPC, your uterus may not have contracted back down to it's normal size again, so it was noted as "bulky uterus".

I really recommend going to your GP and asking them about this though, as obviously, they can give you the best answer. Take care.

Arianrhod Mon 08-Aug-11 11:45:05

Thanks Milkyways ... I actually rang the Gynae ward at the hospital in the end, as I couldn't find a definitive answer, and got a really helpful Sister who told me that it just meant I had 'pregnancy tissue' in my uterus at the time of the ERPC. She then apologised if that upset me! I'm a little puzzled as to why they listed it in the report ... obviously I did, otherwise I wouldn't have been in there having an ERPC in the first place!

Anyway, it wasn't anything to worry about in the end. Thank you for looking for an answer for me though!

cheers
Ari x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now