Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage 4 weeks ago, scan showed uterus back to normal, just passed the pregnancy sac!

(3 Posts)
galwaygal Sat 30-Jul-11 14:11:32

I was very shocked this morning to finally pass the pregnancy sac from a month ago.

I "miscarried" at 7w3d, 4 weeks ago. Heavy bleeding and clots for 5 days and scan a week later showed my uterine lining was of normal non-pregnant size and that uterus looked normal.........

I have had no bleeding since, on top of that all signs indicated that I actually ovulated again 12 days ago,(despite still having hcg in my system) I was waiting for my af to arrive.

Last night got stomach cramps and a spot of light red bleeding, cramps got worse (managed with just hot water bottle), then this morning no more bleeding but passed the pregnancy sac. I am amazed that it hung on for so long.

Obviously my non-rational emotional reaction was oh help, I stopped all my medications and the scan could have been wrong and..... you know how the brain goes.

But rationally I had been baffled by the fact that my hcg levels had been declining until last week when they plateaued and stayed at a light level. I had wondered if I had some slight retained products and guessed it would pass with my next af. I had no idea that today would bring the pregnancy to an end four weeks after it supposedly had.

I normally do spot the sac when I pass it, and had just assumed that either I had missed it amongst some of the clots this time, or that I was reabsorbing it like one of my previous pregnancies. It was a huge shock to pass the sac today (and with so little bleeding, it feels wierd)

Since this morning I have had very slight brown spotting, but only on wiping, so not even any sign of my period arriving.

Anyway if you have managed to read this far, I do actually have a question to ask - how many days after passing the sac (considering I lost all the lining weeks ago) do you think I will finally get a negative test? I just need to emotionally for this pregnancy to be finished totally!

Mama5isalive Sun 31-Jul-11 23:31:54

so sorry you are still dealing with this and i understand how you just want it to all be over fully!
i have not been through what you have described i had a ERPC op!
But didnt want your post to go unanswered.

Hope all goes well with you real soon so you can start healing and to move on slowly and your own pace!

be kind to yourself xxxx

galwaygal Mon 01-Aug-11 18:57:53

Thank you for your kind reply. I finally got a negative test today and my period is starting too, so I am relieved that it is over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now