Talk

Advanced search

have i miscarried?

(8 Posts)
gemssx Sat 23-Jul-11 22:36:59

hellooo
for the last 3 days, I've been spotting at night, but during the day, nothing. normally as I'm approaching my period I get quite bad stomach cramps for a couple of days before hand, yet this time I just keep getting cramps as I'm bleeding. sorry to be over-revealing but by the looks of things it's more blood clot and that's what's worrying me the most. Ive spoke to my boyfriend about this, and I'm booked in at the drs next week. just adding that I do have the implant, but also on anti-depressants and I have been told that once I've taken a certain dose, this could damage the hormones my implant releases, and its not uncommon to get pregnant on the implant, my friend has 2 children, both conceived whilst having the implant in. any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated, just want to know what's going on!
Thanks smile

WonderIfYouKnowMe Sat 23-Jul-11 22:38:45

Have you had a positive test? If so, how many weeks do you think you should be?

gemssx Sat 23-Jul-11 22:42:07

I've not took a home pregnancy test, as they will show negative because of my implant, that's why I've booked in at the drs x

namechange100 Sat 23-Jul-11 22:43:54

You need to go to the docs sooner than next week ring up, if the pain and bleeding increase goto the walk in clinic. Dont forget you can always ring NHS direct.

It could be your period, but you should always see a doctor if you pass blood clots. Sorry for you its not nice to not know whats happening with your own body and all the hormones etc. I hope you are cofortable for now.

WonderIfYouKnowMe Sat 23-Jul-11 22:44:20

Well, I'm not quite sure why you thik you may have been have been pregnant, in order to have then miscarried, but good luck to you, hope you do find out what's going on.

banana87 Sat 23-Jul-11 22:47:22

Surely the test would show positive if you were pregnant? HCG is only present in pregnancy and I can't see how the implant would affect that....hope you get the result you want.

gemssx Sat 23-Jul-11 22:52:03

I've miscarried before, but in very different circumstances. the pain is the same, just not as strong.
I'm just going on what I've already been told

LivinInTheMoment Wed 03-Aug-11 14:36:06

Hi Gems, did you go to the doctor? i hope you got good news?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now