Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible for one to remain on ones back and not move for 8 months???

(4 Posts)
faintpositive Thu 07-Jul-11 19:22:47

Any one done this in early pregnancy at the threat of mc, and gone on to have a healthy baby?

faintly grasps those straws desperately........

fatfingers Fri 08-Jul-11 14:35:37

No I haven't but I was on bed rest for approx 6 weeks of my last pg (I had my dd at 23 wks gestation in the end). My sister was on bedrest for even longer (approx 8-9 wks) until she had her ds at 27 weeks gestation. In both cases this was because our waters broke very early + bleeding. Both babies are doing very well now. On the other hand, I mc a week ago at 16 wks and I had rested at every possible opportunity and done everything I possibly could to preserve my pg. Sometimes things just happen no matter what you try and do. What is happening with your pg? x

milkyways Fri 08-Jul-11 16:23:40

Hi, have you had a miscarriage recently? Your words are very similiar to how I felt after my first 3 miscarriages. I was absolutely sure that the lack of rest was the reason why I was miscarrying. Unfortunately this is not true. Unless you have problems like fatfingers has stated above, no amount of rest can stop a miscarriage. I should know this, because with my fourth miscarriage I had given up my job and was resting all the time. It didn't work.

If you are blaming yourself for not resting like I did, then please stop. The miscarriage wasn't your fault. There is no way a woman can control it, and you didn't do anything wrong. There are thousands of women in war torn countries who have to be on the run day and night, and they still have healthy babies - I know that comment may not sound helpful, but it made me realise that there was a deeper problem with me that was causing my recurrent miscarriages. Also, if this is your first miscarriage, the chances of miscarrying again are very very slim, so don't be disheartened.

I hope you are okay.

Fimbo Fri 08-Jul-11 16:26:09

My mum had to do that after recurring miscarriages before she had me. That was late 60's though. Be gentle with yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now