Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal for the blood to smell?

(6 Posts)
Cies Wed 06-Jul-11 09:12:42

I had a pessary to start miscarriage of my 8 week pregnancy that was not progressing. I had this on Saturday. Yesterday and today I've noticed that the blood I'm passing smells bad, like when my dog has rolled in a dead animal or someting. Is this normal? Or could it be an infection? I feel fine physically, no fever or pain.

CMOTdibbler Wed 06-Jul-11 09:15:46

If it smells like that, then you need to see someone as you may well have an infection. Normally, it smells metallic, but def not offensive

Cies Wed 06-Jul-11 09:37:52

Thanks, it's as I expected. <<sigh>>

lisad123 Wed 06-Jul-11 09:40:31

get yourself to hospital now please. No it shouldnt and you likely have an infection

Imnotaslimjim Wed 06-Jul-11 10:07:19

Yes, do get that looked at. Sounds like the start of an infection. Its easily dealt with, though its the last thing you need right now

Cies Wed 06-Jul-11 13:26:17

Well I went to the hospital, and they looked me over and took some samples of the material I'm passing. But as I don't have a fever they didn't reckon it was an infection. But they gave me a one dose anti-biotic because they'd been poking around down there and could have spread any infection. Thanks for all your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now