Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding during miscarriage - what's 'normal' - maybe TMI

(5 Posts)
philbee Tue 05-Jul-11 11:23:16

I'm at home, having natural mc after. I had a mmc, scan just showed an empty sac. This morning i had definite contractions for about two hours, then a pop and gush of fluid which i guess was the sac coming out. Now I'm bleeding a lot more heavily, having to change pads every 15 mins or so. Is this normal? I feel tired, bit wobbly, but not faint. I cant remember post-delivery bleeding with DD, so not sure how to gauge whether I'm ok or not.

CMOTdibbler Tue 05-Jul-11 11:31:09

You need to go to A&E with that sort of bleeding - call an ambulance now. Having to change pads more than once an hour needs urgent attention

Ladybee Tue 05-Jul-11 11:36:26

I'm sorry to hear of your mc philbee, I've had one natural MC and 2 ERPCs. The bleeding in the natural one was quite extensive, free-flowing and painful while the contractions happened but that eased quickly after expelling the sac. My paperwork says soaking through 1 pad in less than an hour means you should go in to A&E or the EPAU for assessment. Call NHS direct now please - you may be haemorraging, and might need help to stop the bleeding.

philbee Tue 05-Jul-11 14:59:41

Thanks. I called an ambulance and went to a&e. Not much in the way of examination, but the bleeding eased a lot while we were there and is more like a normal period now. They have sent us home and said to go to EPAU tomorrow morning for a scan to see where we are. Thanks for the advice - I would have dithered longer otherwise.

CMOTdibbler Tue 05-Jul-11 15:10:20

Thank you for coming back and updating us - I've been worrying about you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: