Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding during miscarriage - what's 'normal' - maybe TMI

(5 Posts)
philbee Tue 05-Jul-11 11:23:16

I'm at home, having natural mc after. I had a mmc, scan just showed an empty sac. This morning i had definite contractions for about two hours, then a pop and gush of fluid which i guess was the sac coming out. Now I'm bleeding a lot more heavily, having to change pads every 15 mins or so. Is this normal? I feel tired, bit wobbly, but not faint. I cant remember post-delivery bleeding with DD, so not sure how to gauge whether I'm ok or not.

CMOTdibbler Tue 05-Jul-11 11:31:09

You need to go to A&E with that sort of bleeding - call an ambulance now. Having to change pads more than once an hour needs urgent attention

Ladybee Tue 05-Jul-11 11:36:26

I'm sorry to hear of your mc philbee, I've had one natural MC and 2 ERPCs. The bleeding in the natural one was quite extensive, free-flowing and painful while the contractions happened but that eased quickly after expelling the sac. My paperwork says soaking through 1 pad in less than an hour means you should go in to A&E or the EPAU for assessment. Call NHS direct now please - you may be haemorraging, and might need help to stop the bleeding.

philbee Tue 05-Jul-11 14:59:41

Thanks. I called an ambulance and went to a&e. Not much in the way of examination, but the bleeding eased a lot while we were there and is more like a normal period now. They have sent us home and said to go to EPAU tomorrow morning for a scan to see where we are. Thanks for the advice - I would have dithered longer otherwise.

CMOTdibbler Tue 05-Jul-11 15:10:20

Thank you for coming back and updating us - I've been worrying about you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now