Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth getting a chemical pregnancy noted on my GP record?

(5 Posts)
JamieJay Sat 25-Jun-11 21:43:13

1st pregnancy ended in miscarriage in June 2010 and then had a threatened miscarriage in December 2010 (pregnancy continued to term okay). Received medical care for both these so obviously on record.

Haven't really been using protection since DD born and a little while back I'm pretty sure I had a chemical pregnancy. BFP day before period due (tested due to heavy duty symptoms) but slightly heavier than usual period arrived 4 days later. Didn't bother going to GP at the time as over weekend and subsequent pregnancy test was negative.

We have now decided to start actively trying to conceive and am wondering if it would be worth mentioning the chemical pregnancy to the GP so it's on record.

Not sure what difference I expect it to make them knowing just guess I think I should have it there in case, heaven forbid, anything else goes wrong in the future.

catonlap Sun 26-Jun-11 09:43:26

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, but as recording it now won't change anything for the current time while TTC, maybe consider mentioning it to GP when you go to book in with your next pregnancy?

RickGhastley Sun 26-Jun-11 13:24:01

My Gp has always asked me to confirm how many previous PGs I have had when I see her after my BFP. You could just mention it then as catonlap suggests.

I think your GP would only need to know about it if you'd had 3 m/cs as that is when they refer you for further investigation. But fingers crossed you will soon concieve and have a healthy pregnancy!

Good luck!

JamieJay Sun 26-Jun-11 17:54:00

Thanks both, guess I just need to wait and hope for a BFP now.

OracleInaCoracle Sun 26-Jun-11 17:58:55

Definately worth mentioning, esp if you do have problems. It may help the doctors narrow down options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now