Talk

Advanced search

period after ectopic

(3 Posts)
soooobroody Wed 22-Jun-11 16:13:33

Hi i had an ectopic preg on the 10th may which resulted in removal of my left tube .I havent had a period yet is this normal (i was advised 4wks after surgery).I am defo not preg as we have used protection . I am eager to start ttc (dont have time on my hands am nearly 37 ) my doc told me to wait one cycle .

Thanks

KnitterNotTwitter Wed 22-Jun-11 16:28:26

Hi.. I was in your position 14 months ago... i'm so sorry that you've been through it too.

For my my WTF ('what the fuck' cycle - the first one after the removal) was about 6 weeks but I had two lots of bleeding before I actually felt that AF had arrived. I then got pg the next month but sadly lost this at 8 weeks (discovered at 12 weeks). My personal opinion would be that having had a full-on operation you probably should wait one more cycle.. i wish I had as I think my womb hadn't finished healing and that contributed to my miscarriage. Obviously we'll never know but I can't help wondering...

All the best for the future

loopybear Wed 22-Jun-11 19:09:01

I got pregnant 3 cycles after surgery for an ectopic. I was told you could try after one but 2 or 3 would mean my body would have recovered better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now