Talk

Advanced search

2nd mc ??

(9 Posts)
wonderif Thu 16-Jun-11 23:01:06

i had a mc last year was 17 plus 4, has taken me a long time to come to terms and will prob always think about the wee boy i should have had.

i got a bfp about 3 weeks ago, however doctor worked out that i was 10 and half weeks but this later turned out wrong, i was referred to epu due to history, nurse confirmed that could see sac however could not see a def heartbeat and advised me to come back in a week (last friday) she measured and said aprox 6 weeks

I went back and again another nurse said same however said there had been no growth didnt measure and said would give me the benefit of the doubt (nice of her she was so uncompasionate !) and again come back in a week.

so in the meantime i went to gp to have hcg levels tested , got first result which said levels consistent with pregnancy however i phoned today was advised they had dropped . gp said they were still high but she apologised and said it wasnt the result we were looking for.

so i should be 8 weeks , and i have another scan tomorrow, from the history and the bloods i am taken it that i am no longer pregnant, has anyone any advice of similar situations?

thanks

wonderif Fri 17-Jun-11 08:31:16

BUMP

faintpositive Fri 17-Jun-11 17:46:49

Sounds like a "Blighted ovum".
This is where there is a sac but no baby developing in it.

After your scan tomorrow, if there is nothing there still, you may be offered the following:
1) To wait for nature to take its course. I woudl not recomend this, as i knew at 7 weeks, but did not miscarry till i was 13 weeks. The wait was just horrific.
2) medical management. This is a series of tablets whcih will induce miscarriage. Youw ill need to be in hospital for this.
3) surgical management, where you will be given a general anasthetic and they will scrape out the linign of your womb. Thsi takes litterally minutes.

Its all just awful and heartbreaking.
Im waiting to see if i too have this.

They say that it is unlucky and the chances of it happening again is low.
Unfortunately, with this, you feel very pregnant. This is what is most upsetting.
So sorry for you going through this, i feel so sad for you.

wonderif Sat 18-Jun-11 23:30:06

hi yes had my app on fri kept me waiting for 2 hrs baby was developing but stopped at about 6 weeks, so in for my d and c , on wed or thur, i couldnt go through the medically managed one as i did this last yr and had to deliver the baby as i was 17 plus 4 , it was just as bad pain as labout needed pethidine to cope.

faint positive thanks for ur reply i do hope u dont have to go through it , i had my ms last yr due to having slapped cheek syndrome which i should now be immune too.

so i dont know where we go from here, just get this following week over it never gets any easier

xx tking of u too xx

lionmummy Sun 19-Jun-11 21:16:15

Wonderif, I saw your post, so sorry to see your news. I hope you are getting good support at home & tomorrow through the hospital. To go through this twice in 11 months is heartbreaking.

wonderif Sun 19-Jun-11 21:53:00

thanks lionmummy am struggling at the minute, and its going to be wed or thur before i am booked in for the d and c sad

thanks for reply x

lionmummy Thu 23-Jun-11 20:18:08

How are you doing this week, Wonderif? Did you get booked in?
Thinking of you

wonderif Fri 24-Jun-11 08:47:03

hi lionmummy yes i was booked in on wed for 8 am however didnt get the d and c until 12 but i was then out for 4 pm which was grand.

getting out to sleep was always one of my fears but it wasnt as bad as i had imagined it to be as long as i dont think about what they were doing whilst i was asleep.

going through the pain of being induced last july was awful in comparison feeling a bit btr this time .

thanks for ur reply x

MrsSteph Fri 24-Jun-11 14:58:26

Thinking of you...xx
I don't have any words of wisdom to take your pain away, for anyone who has had a loss, so many try to comfort with words, but i think the feeling of not being alone is one of the best comforts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now