Talk

Advanced search

Is ANYONE paying for their clexane and cyclogest

(9 Posts)
BagofHolly Wed 08-Jun-11 22:21:05

rather than getting it on an NHS prescription?

igggi Thu 09-Jun-11 15:57:15

Hi Bags.
I would only be in need of the cyclogest (which would be lovely) but perhaps there's someone who would use both?
(Not good for me to have both as I'd probably just try them out!)

igggi Thu 09-Jun-11 15:57:16

Hi Bags.
I would only be in need of the cyclogest (which would be lovely) but perhaps there's someone who would use both?
(Not good for me to have both as I'd probably just try them out!)

Reallyusefulengine Tue 21-Jun-11 10:59:37

I'm paying for it, my GP flatly refused to give me an NHS prescription for it (I was given the private prescription by a private gynecologist). Would be interested if anyone does get it on the NHS.

mumatron Tue 21-Jun-11 11:09:05

I had clexane on nhs prescription. At first my gp refused, the consultant I saw privately wrote to her and asked her to prescribe it and she did.

When I saw another gp at the same surgery, she said she would of prescribed it straight away. have you tried seeing someone else?

They should prescribe you have had tests that show. You need it.

mumatron Tue 21-Jun-11 11:10:24

Sorry for typo's at the end. Stupid phone

Stangirl Tue 21-Jun-11 16:32:42

I'm on an NHS Clexane prescription - under haematologist care at same NHS hospital as for my Ob following private IVF. Had same for DC1 - never had a problem getting it.

Reallyusefulengine Tue 21-Jun-11 18:12:37

The consultant did write to the GP and the first GP gave me a prescription for a month. I went to get a repeat prescription a month later and the other GP told me the first GP was new and had made a mistake and shouldn't have given it to me. She said I was lucky to have gotten it free for a month. I asked if it was safe to stop taking it without cutting down the dosage (I was on my last pessary) and she said she didn't know, she wasn't a gynaecologist. I'm not best pleased to be honest because if I couldn't afford the private prescription I would have been stuffed.

Stangirl Tue 21-Jun-11 18:50:43

Perhaps it depends what you are taking it for? I have a clotting disorder and need to take it throughout pregnancy. With my private IVFs apart from the hormones I had to take all other "treatment" eg scans - including early ones, clexane and all MW and ob checks have been on the NHS. I went onto the system at 7weeks for my first scan. I live in South Lndon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now