Talk

Advanced search

Does any one know this please?

(7 Posts)
thighslapper Wed 08-Jun-11 20:56:38

Ive been going to Liverpool womens due to multiple mc.

They advised that when i next get pregnant i should have twice weekly (I think) luetenising hormone injections and 1mg folic acid every day.

Does this sound right? Is it luetenising hormone? (it was 6 months ago and i cant remember.

thighslapper Wed 08-Jun-11 21:17:07

??????

Missgiraffe1 Thu 09-Jun-11 07:52:05

Sorry thigh no.experience of this myself. Maybe the women on the conception thread would be most Likely to be able to help?

OracleInaCoracle Thu 09-Jun-11 08:04:02

your gp should hold a copy of their recommendations.

DuelingFanjo Thu 09-Jun-11 08:05:12

could it be progesterone injections?

DuelingFanjo Thu 09-Jun-11 08:07:49

or they may mean gonadotropin injections? WHich helps "the maintenance of the corpus luteum during the beginning of pregnancy, causing it to secrete the hormone progesterone. Progesterone enriches the uterus with a thick lining of blood vessels and capillaries so that it can sustain the growing fetus"?

thighslapper Thu 09-Jun-11 18:40:52

that sounds right dueling, ive got an appointment in half an hour with the GP. I am hoping (fingers crossed) that Liverpool have done what you have suggested lissie, and forwarded on the recomendations.

started taking the asprin today, and doubled the folic acid, its only 800mcgs, i need 1 mg, so going to ask GP to px these for me too.

Are prescriptions free when you are preganant?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now