Talk

Advanced search

Physically after an ERPC (possible TMI)

(4 Posts)
whatsoever Tue 31-May-11 15:23:52

I had an ERPC last Tuesday (a week ago today) after discovering a MMC at the 12 weeks scan the day before. Initially I felt fine physically, which felt like a blessing as I could get on with confronting the emotional pain.

However the last few days I have had some niggly pains etc and was wondering what other peoples' experiences were, to try and work out if I should bother with a doctors appointment or if things seem normal and will go away of their own acord in time.

After the op, I woke up with period pain type cramping and was bleeding like a light to medium period. The pain got worse and the hospital gave me codeine which sorted me out.

The following day I had no bleeding and only very mild cramps which paracetamol sorted. Since then I have had the ocassional paracetamol or ibuprofen and some brownish discharge but no real bleeding and certainly not red blood. However I have a bit of discomfort on going to the loo (number 1 or number 2!) I wouldn't call it pain - it is just discomfort - and a bit of discomfort if a prod myself in the lower abdomen on one side.

None of these things are unmanageable, just niggly - has anyone experienced anything similar, and if so did it need attention or fade in time as you would expect following surgery? I am keen to get "back to normal" e.g. exercise, TTC again etc but don't want to jump back into things too soon if I am either not healed yet or need some more medical attention.

lilyrose82 Tue 31-May-11 16:15:36

Hi Whatsoever,

sorry for your loss. I had an ERPC 4 weeks ago tomorrow, so I know what your going through.

I was the same, bleeding stopped the day after and had period like pains but about 4/5 days later the pain got worse. Turned out I had an infection. Pain after is normal but if it gets worse or doesn't feel right, then get yourself checked out.

We started trying again straight after I came off the antibiotics. Waiting for either my AF or a positive pregnancy test result!!

Good luck to you xx

LIG1979 Tue 31-May-11 16:16:08

Hello whatsoever,
I had an ERPC on Monday so a day before you and like you didn't get much blood at all. (Started to miscarry on 9th April so there wasn't too much left.) Since then I have had a little pink (not brown) spotting and the occassional wierd feeling - not pain but almost like nervous rumblings. Started dtd on Friday (was late and a little tipsy) and there was a little bit more spotting a few hours later but not much. Then I exercised on Saturday and that was fine and I think really helped me as I am not feeling anything wierd or spotting anymore.

I know we are all different but that was my experience so far post ERPC. (Just want to be normal again!!) Good luck.

whatsoever Fri 03-Jun-11 13:08:19

Thanks lilyrose and LIG

Things seem to have improved since I posted. No more bleeding or blood tinged discharge. Feel better in my mood and haven't cried for several days which feels like a revelation.

Cramps gone. Discomfort when going to the loo almost gone. Abdominal pains definitely gone.

Discussed TTC again with DH and building ourselves up for getting back to it next week...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now