Talk

Advanced search

cycles after miscarriage

(6 Posts)
shorty100 Tue 31-May-11 15:13:44

Can anyone help,

I had a miscarriage in jan and my cycles still seem all over the place, I convince my self each month i'm pregnant but af keeps coming. My cycle before mc was 30 days. First af took 9 long weeks to come and second one 6 weeks after I am now on day 36 and still waiting. Took a test but bfn.

Anyone have any experience of this and can offer any advise. Thanks

Vix1980 Mon 06-Jun-11 10:34:38

Hi, Im currently the same had a mc in april and before my cycle was dead on 27/28 days regular, now though its been 34 days and the last 1 was just 25 days, Ive heard they do settle down just your body needs time to adjust again!

Beans1977 Mon 06-Jun-11 13:39:41

Hi. I am so sorry both of you for your loss. I would appreciate any thoughts / info on this too. I had a medically managed MC when our baby died at 13 weeks on 26 April. I'm still waiting for AF - I was always bang on 28 days but now it's been 38 days. I know I need to be patient but am finding the waiting hard as we'd like to start TTC again... x

kat2504 Wed 08-Jun-11 10:34:31

Beans I had my mc, also medically managed, at the same time as you and I have only just got my period now. Before my first mc I used to have a bang on 26 day cycle. Between the mcs it was less like clockwork and more like 29 days on average. Goodness knows what it will be from now on. Anything up to six weeks to get your first period is considered totally usual.

stmalo Wed 08-Jun-11 20:46:46

It takes a while for your cycle to settle, I mc early April, and just had AF, I was starting to panic that it was so late, but all seems fine, just have to wait and see how long it will take for the next one.
Hugs to you all xx

Coldcuppacoffee Wed 08-Jun-11 20:53:12

It took me 42 days after natural mc at 12 weeks to get the next AF (that's why some of the threads call it the WFT period!), and then my cycles were slightly longer (34 days instead of 25 - 28 before).
It drove me nuts and made me very emotional, so I sympathise.
I still managed to conceive after three cycles (including the WTF one) and I've got a week to go until my 12 week scan crossing fingers and toes

This website was really helpful:
http://www.pregnancyloss.info/trying_again.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now