Talk

Advanced search

10 weeks post erpc. no period.

(5 Posts)
angela85 Sat 28-May-11 22:34:16

hi guys. As the subject suggests... I had an erpc 10 weeks and 3 days ago after my baby stopped growing at 5 1/ 2 weeks. I only bled a small amount for just a few days after. Although my partner and I decided not to wait to start trying again, I have ruled out pregnancy. I must've wee'd on about 30 sticks of varying brands and all come back negative. So here I am just waiting for a period that feels like its never going to happen! Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I was told 4 to 6 weeks was normal for af to come back. At 10 weeks I'm beginning to feel like they whipped out my uterus without telling me! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Been to the doctors twice now and they don't seem to care just get told to wait and see. never been so frustrated. tia ladies. xx

wellieboots Sun 29-May-11 06:47:31

hi the waiting is so frustrating isn't it?
I was told (by the hospital) that the norm for first period was 2-4 weeks which turned out to be complete rubbish, and I was told by ladies on here 4-7 weeks, mine was about 7 weeks and I was starting to get a bit anxious about it. So I can't imagine how frustrating it is to still be waiting ten weeks later you poor thing sad

I have heard it can take 3 months to come back to normal, but I thought that was in terms of regular cycles etc. Sorry the docs are being so hopeless that is ridiculous, have they said when they would get concerned if not now?

take care of yourself x

angela85 Mon 30-May-11 11:34:21

Thanks Wellie.
I don't really know what to think at the moment. I'm going to go back to the doctors tomorrow, and i'm not going to leave until i have answers, Its just not fair for them to leave me worrying like this! Every day i'm just waiting for something to happen and every day i'm disappointed. If he tries to tell me to wait and see i'll start shouting til he does something!...maybe a bit mean to my doc, but i don't care anymore! I'll let you know how i get on! xx

barbie1 Mon 30-May-11 11:38:28

Sorry for your loss sad

I was told after my mmc that 3-6 months is normal.

For me i didn't have a period at all from sept when i had erpc to finding out i was pregnant with my dd in june the following year! So i got pregnant without having periods and even now she is 15 months it's only in last 3 months im starting to have them again.

Brasso4 Thu 02-Jun-11 10:55:50

So sorry that you are are going through this. When I had my first MMC in 2008, it took 12 weeks from my ERPC until my first period. I too tested lots but it was just my body getting back to normal.

Sorry I can't be any more help. Just look after yourself. xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: