Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation & Cycles After M/C ?

(5 Posts)
PieMistress Thu 26-May-11 09:20:36

Hi Peeps,

I was just wondering when people first ovulated or got their period after a m/c?

I had a m/c at 7 weeks on Mon 9th May (16 days ago) and am still showing a very postive pregnancy test? The bleeding only really stopped yesterday (although there is still a little brown discharge).

I really wish the test would hurry up and be negative as it's very hard to still see those 2 lines each time I test sad

I am guessing I won't ovulate until I get a negative pregnancy test? I've been temp charting during the m/c but, as expected, they have been totally haywire!

digitalgirl Thu 26-May-11 16:49:05

Sorry for your loss Piemistress.

I've had 4 miscarriages and each time I've ovulated around 40-45 days after the mc. However I generally have long cycles so I wouldn't expect this to be the same for you. I think the general consensus is that your cycle can be 1-3 weeks longer than normal. You may not ovulate the first cycle or if you do your luteal phase may be shorter.

If it helps keep charting and you might notice your temps start to normalise after a couple of weeks, certainly once you're getting bfn's on the hpt. But while there's still pregnancy hormone in your body it'll be affecting your temperature.

If you still have a strong positive next week it's worth going back to the epu to check there the miscarriage is complete and you don't need any further management.

Good luck. I hope it happens for you soon.

PieMistress Thu 26-May-11 17:11:21

Thanks digital, I did wonder about calling up the EPU but i'll give it until Monday and do another test as that will have been a full 3 weeks since I actually lost the baby. My friend said her body took absolutely ages to get rid of the pregnacy hormones.

It doesn't help that OPKs are also positive when you're pregnant (or at least the IC ones are!)

Mitzimaybe Thu 26-May-11 17:25:41

I mc'd in March (passed the sac some time between 11th and 16th - I think it was on the 12th but can't be sure as I passed lots of clots and didn't identify it.) I didn't do any pg tests after the scan that revealed it had gone, but I actually bled & spotted off & on for weeks afterwards. I really didn't want an ERCP so as long as I had no signs of infection I just left it. Thankfully once my period (which was lighter than normal) ended, the bleeding stopped completely.

My dates:
Mc prior to 16/3
BBT increased 20/4
AF came on 2/5.

I imagine it's different for everyone, though.

Tennerlady Fri 27-May-11 16:46:35

hi i was wondering the same thing i had suspected ectopic pregnacy on 27/4 and they could not find baby they thought it was in left tube and when they went to remove it it was not their but did a d&c anyway and left it as pul(pregnacy unknown location) iv not bled or passed anything and still not had period can anyone help with what i should ecpect as im out in dark here just waiting they said my body would probley absorb the baby. please if anyone has any advice i would be grateful thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: