Talk

Advanced search

Started spotting 5 days ago, now much heavier, is it miscarriage? [warning: long]

(6 Posts)
FirstTimeMam2011 Fri 20-May-11 16:00:52

I'm so upset and don't know what to think. On Monday evening I started spotting brown blood. I rang my doc on Wed when it did not stop, he sent me in for a u/s on Thurs morning. The scan showed the sac and they think they could make out the yolk, but NO heartbeat. I'm 8 wks today.

The bleeding has gotten much heavier now and brighter red, after the vaginal scan yest morning. Changing pads every 1 or 2 hours. And last night I woke up 3 times to change pad. Then at 6.30am just got up cos was so tired and knew would not sleep.

If anyone recognises my nickname you might remember I've also posted a thread about my difficulty giving up smoking. Well I did manage to quit early last week, but had a few on Sunday evening and have not had any since. I feel terribly guilty that the smokes could have caused this.

The doc is having me back for another scan in 1 wk, says to not worry and continue as normal. I have no breast tenderness anymore and never got morning sickness. I'm off to change pad again..

Please help with any advice or similar situations? Am I miscarrying? I wish I knew which way this was going to go.

Thanks x

glendathegoodwitch Fri 20-May-11 18:55:03

awwwwww hugs to you!!!

im in pretty much the same boat im 11 weeks and started spotting on weds pm went to a&e on thurs had examination - os and cervix closed told to bedrest until scan on monday - still bleeding but only when i wipe but now its not just blood sad monday is too long to wait

Vix1980 Fri 20-May-11 22:22:57

Hiya

Really sorry to hear your going though this but surely the fact they can still see the sac is a really positive thing. Its an average guess that at 6 weeks you can hear the heartbeat but this is not true for every women. Some take a little longer to be able to hear some take a shorter time, dont compare yourself to other women everyone is unique, i know thats hard right now cos all you want is something to measure your symptoms up to, i recently had a bad experience and i know personally how much torture the waiting is, all i can say is to look after yourself, take time off work if needed just do whatever you can to feel ok. There are many storeis though of this happening to women all over who have bled through pregnancy and gone on to have babies, so just stay positive and take care of yourself - both of you, sending you big huge hugs xxxxx

FirstTimeMam2011 Sat 21-May-11 10:30:51

Hi Glenda, I'm sorry to hear the spotting is not clearing up. Yes monday is far too long to wait, but at least its only another day away now. I really hope you get good news at scan. Have you a thread on here too? Please let us know how it goes x

Hi Vix, thanks for your response, yes I'm hopeful that cos they could see the sac that means everything is still in place. It is difficult not to compare myself to other women and even to the progress charts in pg books. The nurse in EPU said the measurements was .8mm, i thought that was too small (fearing that it had stopped growing) she said not to worry about the size that everyone progresses differently. But Prima Baby magazine says that baby should measure .16mm! Which is double the size.
It is just hard to not think the worst. I'm a worryer.

The bleeding is continuing today, but on a plus I only woke up once last night to change pad. I'm trying to keep positive for my partner especially. He is being so good and kind telling me to rest up and stay in bed.

x

Vix1980 Sun 22-May-11 08:39:22

Im exactly the same with worrying and to be honest those baby progress charts are pure evil when your stuck in limbo, you cant help but judge but i really question there expert advice anyway! as long as your nurse is happy then you should be too, she deals with this on a daily basis so will have more expertise at this than some random person who set up a baby website! take car though and lt us know how you get on xx

FirstTimeMam2011 Mon 30-May-11 18:56:46

Hi Vix, just checking back in to let you know I miscarried. We went to scan again this morning and nurse told us the news.
Thanks for the support x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now