Talk

Advanced search

Baby loss book, Would anyone like to contribute??

(11 Posts)
sleeppeacefullybabyboy Mon 14-Feb-11 23:52:23

Hi,
My son was recently stillborn. I am putting together a book, about baby loss.

Each chapter is being written by someone who has experienced baby loss through either miscarriage, stillbirth, ending the pregnancy for medical reasons or loosing a baby within the 1st month of life. The chapter can be written either as a story of your experiences, as a diary or as a letter to your baby.

The book will be published and made available on amazon and to other book stores. The profits will go towards baby loss charities.

Im looking for about 5 more people to contribute, and would especially like to hear from dads and people who have lost babies in the 1st month of life.

If this is something you may like to be involved in please pm me.

Thanks.x

daisytaylor Tue 15-Feb-11 10:46:39

What a beautifull thing you are doing, i wish you the best of luck xx

sleeppeacefullybabyboy Tue 15-Feb-11 11:04:30

Thank u daisy wink

pigletmania Tue 15-Feb-11 20:03:21

Your username made me sad, good luck with it all, I dont think that I am in any good position to contribute as I only had 2 very early MC

cher31 Wed 16-Feb-11 14:12:40

Hello. This is a really lovely idea. I have no expereience of what you are ideally looking for but have had 2 MC at 10 and 9 weeks. If I can be of any assistance to you in any way please do get in touch.
Good luck and best wishes for the book. Take lots of care of youself and your loved ones

Beckyboo4 Thu 17-Feb-11 17:39:13

I lost a baby daughter 9 years ago at 24 weeks to Edwards Syndrome although she had lots of abnormalities she was perfect to me. If need me to contribute then please let me know x x

upturnj Thu 17-Feb-11 20:49:44

What a beautiful idea. I will be buying your book x

cher31 Sat 19-Feb-11 16:09:55

Forgot to mention but my partner would also be happy to help. Would be good to hear things from a dads point of view like you suggest. Good luck and keep us update re your progress. xx

18angels Wed 09-Mar-11 08:03:47

i wrote this letter to my babies i lost not sure if its what ur looking for had three mcs at 18wks,15wks 13 wks and lost 15 before 12wks
good luck with the book.
letter to my babies
i count my losses but my blessings to. not a day without thinking of you playing in the sky with the angels above i hope in your hearts you can feel my love. never forgotten not for a day still the questions of why or how in my heart i know u wait for the day i pass heavens gate to embrace u small babies not meant to be. to see your smiles never shown on my wall my little angels that never grew tall. i know your together and it brings comfort to me so remello, eseosa and anna-leighs to. ur siblings and u still wait for me. if love was enough my babies would be playing with me shouting for lunch on a warmer summers day i hope you all get the balloons that i sent i cant help but pray u never forget my angels my babies i miss you still. i cant help but cry but i never regret for you are my babies the best angels yet xxxxxx
good luck with the book.

TooImmature2BMum Wed 16-Mar-11 17:43:54

My daughter was stillborn on Sunday. Both DH and I would be glad to contribute to the book if we can.

Don't know how to pm - pm me and I'll respond!

ACDmum Tue 17-Apr-12 21:14:23

I am a year late - but would love to see your book/ can you please send me a link? I lost my son David a year ago to ACD a rare & fatal lung condition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now