Talk

Advanced search

Is it going to happen again?

(11 Posts)
Mylittlebubble Mon 07-Feb-11 10:39:35

Last year i had 3 miscarriages 1 at 11 weeks and 2 at 6 weeks. After taking a break and trying not to get consumed by the whole thing we decided to try again this month.

I have had classic symptoms not least the very emotional outbursts for a week last week!! AF due today with no sign of appearing. I did a test yesterday which gave a tiny, tiny faint line and again this morning with another tiny, tiny faint line. So tiny DH cannot see it!!

Anyway my question is if it is a positive and the line isn't getting darker is it enevitable I will miscarriage again? What is the diagnosis for low HGC levels?

caz1323 Mon 07-Feb-11 10:49:06

Hi so sorry to hear your news. The only advice I can give you is phone your local epu or go to your docs. I am now having my 7th miscarriage and I heard that after you have your third consecutive mc then your doctor should refer you to have tests to try and prevent any further upsets.
I wish you all the luck in the world and will keep my fingers crossed for you.xxx

caz1323 Mon 07-Feb-11 10:50:38

Sorry forgot to say that if you got to the epu they can test your hcg levels and see if they are rising.xxx

Mylittlebubble Mon 07-Feb-11 11:03:44

thank you caz I have my appointment this afternoon with the recurrent miscarriage clinic so hopefully they will do a test and I will be in the system so to speak. Really hoping for some lovely care if I am or some answers if I'm not.

Sorry to hear about your 7th. Three has been hard enough. I have only just faced my true feeling abou it all and now taking some time off work to sort myself out a little. Are you getting any answers yet?

Mylittlebubble Mon 07-Feb-11 11:04:34

How do they test your HCG levels? Will I need to go back every other day?

caz1323 Mon 07-Feb-11 11:20:51

I have had no answers at all I have to wait until this mc is over before I can be reffered. Your hcg levels are easy to test it is just a normal blood test and yes it is done every 48hrs the hcg levels should be doubling. Really hope you are looked after well and get the very much needed answers and advice you need.xxx

Mylittlebubble Mon 07-Feb-11 11:40:19

My thoughts are with you CAZ. Hope you get some answers too. I will keep a look out for you x

Mylittlebubble Sat 20-Aug-11 08:27:13

Just wanted to update this thread. As often you come in for advice and you never find out the outcome.

Well I am happily 32 weeks pregnant from that very faint and slowly darkening positive test.

I hope this gives some hope and positive thoughts to anyone asking the same question x

Calyx Sat 20-Aug-11 08:29:52

Congratulations! grin best of luck for the remainder and enjoy your wee one x

escapeartist Sat 20-Aug-11 13:17:20

Thanks for coming back to update mylittlebubble. Stories like yours make me smile and have hope.

Did you have any treatment or was your little one just a sticky one?

Congrats from me too!

legalbunny Sat 27-Aug-11 07:53:43

So so pleased- gives me hope

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now