Talk

Advanced search

Have I had a mc?

(3 Posts)
MummyNic Mon 03-Jan-11 22:24:25

Hi all. TMI alert...

I have 1 DS, no other pregnancies. My period was 4 days late (very unusual, can almost set my watch to 27.5 days...).
I had pain from period due time and wore pads... nothing. I was due Christmas morning (joy!). Travelled to Scotland on Tuesday, still nothing, just mild ache. Light bleeding started on Wednesday with almighty back pain - I joked 'no sibling for J this month". Thought nothing of it - we use condoms and are not trying for a baby.
Period was reasonably light but on New Years Day evening I had a bad cramp, went to the loo, wiped and in the tissue was a mass of blood that was the shape of an embryo - about 2cm long, C shaped, dark spot that looked like the eye area and I could see 1 part extending from the side (like the start of an arm?). I looked in horror at it as it was just like the pictures you see in the books but it was a bloody mass. Is that what it would look like? I guess I would have been 5 weeks gone (or 9 weeks from previous period which was strange and painful).
Very graphic description, I'm sorry.
I didn't have any symptoms like my first pregnancy although I was nauseous for the week I was due on - but no painful breasts.
I'm remaining calm as I believe things happen for a reason and we weren't trying - but should I see a doctor? Is it worth even bothering them?

Thanks in advance

jezebelle Mon 03-Jan-11 22:30:12

I dunno, i've had 2 mc's at 5 weeks and they were just a heavy period as its just cells at that time, could you have been further than you thought ?? xx

MummyNic Mon 03-Jan-11 22:39:02

Possibly as previous period didn't behave normally but was so painful that I had to take half a day off work (very very rare). Period is still here and still crampy but it's not as heavy as normal. I wonder if it was a freaky looking clot! Don't want to dwell on it nor waste a GP's time. I wonder if a test would show pregnancy hormones 3.5 days after the event, is it even worth wasting money on when it's no longer a pregnancy. Don't want to cause myself heartache as I'd love another child... It was so odd though...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: