Talk

Advanced search

Sorry if TMI

(7 Posts)
ItsJustMyOpinion Mon 06-Dec-10 14:42:22

But how do you know when you have your first period after a miscarriage? I had a miscarriage about 11 days ago, at the time I only had spotting or very light bleeding for 3 days, and only a slight tummy ache for about 30 mins on the first day of spotting, then another day of spotting 5 days ago. Today I started bleeding unexpectedly whilst out in town, it is heavier than I have experienced since the miscarriage, with what I class as period pains, but the blood is darker than normal. I was told from my consultant that it could take anything up to 8 weeks to have another period.
Can any of you ladies help?

kat2504 Mon 06-Dec-10 18:16:22

11 days is too early for it to be a proper period I think, I remember someone on here posting a link to pregnancy loss info site which states you need to have 21 days no bleeding before you have had a proper cycle. I would say that sadly this is just the rest of the miscarriage coming out but I hope it is over for you now and you don't have to wait 8 weeks for a period.

hairyfairylights Mon 06-Dec-10 19:01:23

I had a period two weeks after the miscarriage bleeding ended (but the miscarriage bleeding was only brought to an end after five weeks with antibiotics)

I've just had my second MC and am in the WTF phase - no sign of ovulation yet.

galwaygal Mon 06-Dec-10 19:35:03

m/c's can be a bit stop/start unfortunately, it sounds like this is what has happened with you. Like Kat I would say that this is just the end of the m/c. First period can be delayed after m/c too. I hope that this m/c settles down soon for you. sad

ItsJustMyOpinion Tue 07-Dec-10 11:40:31

Thank you all for your advice. Stil bleeding today, but extremely light. I am presuming that it is the rest of the mc comming out.

Greeninkmama Tue 07-Dec-10 17:15:49

I would say it is the MC progressing naturally, but if it continues for a long time then you may need to have a scan to check that the MC is complete. Do check with your GP. xx

dollylolly Wed 08-Dec-10 20:48:51

hi dont know if this will help but i had eprc op on 23rd september this year due to mmc at 10 and half weeks i bled for 15days after op then had my first period on 31st october hope this helps x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: