Talk

Advanced search

'Natural' mc @19 weeks, anyone else?

(3 Posts)
MouseCostume Fri 03-Dec-10 12:06:32

Hi

I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience to me.....

Last Sunday I had the tiniest bit of brown spotting and thought nothing of it. I had a tummy ache all day but had been having a few pains all week.

After dinner the pain got bad, no blood and spotting finished...I thought I had a nasty bit of trapped wind.

I then felt baby drop and within an hour delivered the whole thing (within sac). I knew nothing could be done so early.

My DH had called an ambulance, on the advice of call out doc. They took me to hospital for the night and took lots of blood samples and a swab, they didn't examine/ scan me and let me go home the next morning.

TMI..the bleeding is tailing off now but I am still having cramping low down.

They said the baby was small. I think he must've stopped growing.

We are lucky enough to have 2 gorgeous boys already, and number three was a surprise ( a nice one) I was on the pill when he was conceived.

Anyone had a similar experience, can share any advice? I feel much better for having written this down though.

Thanks for reading x

littlewish Fri 03-Dec-10 13:21:39

So sorry for the loss of your baby.

The shock and heartbreak is terrible. I had a MMC picked up at the 20 week scan and delivered the baby 4 days later. I didn't have any follow up either.

What happened to you all within a few hours must be very hard to get your head around.

Nothing I can say will make you feel better, the first few weeks are hard and the tears don't stop but time does help and just knowing others here on mumsnet are experiencing the same grief has also helped me.

Thinking of you x

going Fri 03-Dec-10 13:29:28

So sorry.

I have had two midtrimester miscarriages, one at 20 weeks and one at 16. At 20 weeks I went into labour and had to push the baby out, he was born alive and I had been having a normal healthy pregnancy so he was slightly bigger than average. When I had one at 16 weeks I also had some labout pains but not as strong as a full blown labour. Baby came out easier.

It is such a shock when it happens. It will be emotionally painful for a ong time and for me it's something I still find hard, especailly my first one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: