Talk

Advanced search

My Miscarriage Story

(3 Posts)
2bubs4me Tue 30-Nov-10 22:10:58

Back in May 2010 I came off the pill TTC as I already have two children from a previous relationship and so does my other half, he has a daughter. So we decided to try for one of our own! Back in July 2010 at the beginning of the month I started to have period like cramps and tiredness and thought OMG I feel like I did when I was pregnant with Andrew, So I told my OH but told him not to keep his hopes up as it could be just a false alarm. Then the week of the the 24th July I had really bad period sharp pains, felt nauseas, tired...Basically curled up in a ball crying. We were about to celebrate our 1 year anniversary together [25.07.2010] and then I remember going to bed on the 24th and then needing the loo. When I got there I found blood clots and lots of them! I screamed, the OH came running and i started to cry but he was just in shock!

We went and had our anniversary down the beach, because I just put it down to a bad period! Then the Monday I rang the Doctors and they told me they had nothing available until Friday but at another doctors surgery in another village [As we live out in the sticks of Durham - our doctors are running three surgeries] I told them what had happened and they said there was nothing they could do and to just wait until Friday afternoon. So Friday afternoon I walked the 40mins up and down the hills to the next village in agony and got told it possibly could of been a miscarriage. They gave me some tablets to soak up the blood and then the following week I was back at the doctors telling them look I'm still in pain and I need to be checked out at the hospital! They eventually arranged a scan for me the following week at the hospital [By this stage I was annoyed] Got told to go upto Gnaecology Dept...To wait a further 5 and a half hours to be told I had a fibroid in my womb wtf!?!?!?!

Went back to the hospital a few weeks ago [ 11/11/2010] to be told it definately isn't a Fibroid and that it was just the remainder of the pregnancy as since the miscarriage happened in July I have had strong period like cramps every three weeks and one week of bleeding! I had also been told that she would like to see me back in January 2011 and before that will be going for a scan to see if anything is left - which should be in the next few weeks, ie waiting on a letter!

Not only that but it has muddled up my periods, because my cycles have been 29, 30, 32 days grrr!

Sorry it was a long story but wanted to share it!

Purplebuns Wed 01-Dec-10 10:46:03

Sorry for your loss
They have really messed you about haven't they!
I have never heard of them leaving someone so long, with fragments left inside? confused
I would definitely kick up a stink but then I am like that.

As for your cycle, I am currently waiting on period two, post MC and I am on day 33 hmm
Apparently it can take a while for it to settle down.
I hope you feel better soon

2bubs4me Wed 01-Dec-10 11:55:04

thanks hun

i did kick off with them, for them to say that i had to bare in mind with them that the 5 doctors at my surgery covered 2 more surgeries and also had to bare in mind that where out in the sticks!

But I had no support or advice on what to expect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now