Talk

Advanced search

After 3 weeks of bleeding it's finally happened

(22 Posts)
Piglet33 Sat 20-Nov-10 15:55:36

Hello all,

Well I was hoping I would be the odd story that people quoted about bleeding not necessarily being a bad thing. Sadly, not to be my story.

Having had two EPU scans in weeks 6 and 7, I lost my baby at six this morning. Since gist before my 6 week scan, I had been bleeding - not much it has to be said - each day. At my 7 week scan they had been lovely and said that I should only go back if it got a lot heavier and was painful.

Everything continued as it had for the following two weeks until last night when it all went horribly wrong. Started bleeding much more heavily at 11pm and decided to go to bed and see how I was in the morning. Woke up at 2am in excruciating pain and spent the following half an hour on the loo as the blood just kept coming. Went back to bed at about three with paracetamol and hot water bottle and woke again at just before 6. Again, another session on the loo, and ended up passing the sac, which was shocking physically but by then I had been expecting it.

Went into St Mary's A&E at mid morning and was really looked after. Just home now having had final scan which showed nothing. Apparently I have had a complete miscarriage so they don't think I need to have an EPRC. They think my lovely little bean died sometime after my seven week scan as although I had thought there was a horrific amount of blood, they would have expected more - even whilst I was in hospital - if it had kept growing to 9 weeks.

Feel very strange about it all. Tears keep creeping up on me, but I also feel strangely calm - shock maybe? It seems both very real and very unreal and I really don't know how so many of you lovely ladies have been through this more than once. Although only 9 weeks, the waiting and worrying has made it feel like I've been pregnant for an age. Although I want to try again straight away, i don't quite know how it is possible to go through all of that again.

Sorry for the steam of consciousness - just need to get some of this out if my head.

Coca Sat 20-Nov-10 15:57:24

So sorry Piglett x

Marrow Sat 20-Nov-10 15:59:55

So sorry to hear this Piglett. You will get through this. It is natural to be scared about trying again. Take as much time as you need.

Alaro Sat 20-Nov-10 16:03:13

How awful Piglet. So sorry.

TotorosOcarina Sat 20-Nov-10 16:06:38

So sorry

Dolittlest Sat 20-Nov-10 16:07:46

I'm so sorry to hear this, Piglet. Please get plenty of rest and take time to heal from this loss. x

KTDace Sat 20-Nov-10 16:14:01

sorry for your loss xxx

hairytriangle Sat 20-Nov-10 16:21:05

So sorry .

hairytriangle Sat 20-Nov-10 16:21:06

So sorry .

StarflowerGirl Sat 20-Nov-10 16:31:29

I'm very sorry for your loss Piglet. Take care. x

Greenwing Sat 20-Nov-10 16:36:46

So sorry for your loss. You are bound to be in shock.
I was ten weeks pregnant when I began to bleed and had to have an EPRC.
We waited a few months to grieve and for me to recover physically but I longed to be pregnant again and our son was born safely the following year. He is treasured all the more because of it.

LadyGoneGaga Sat 20-Nov-10 19:14:09

So sorry. Take care. x

fran28 Sat 20-Nov-10 19:32:32

I am so sorry....had 3 miscarriages myself....lost the 2nd one 3 days after i saw the heartbeat and was doubting on trying again...but i just had to keep trying....got pregnant a fourth time...bled all the way through last xmas...convinced there was no hope...was put on baby aspirin..and thyroid tablets..before i had even got pregnant the fourth time..now have a baby girl....am so happy...i didnt give up!

banana87 Sat 20-Nov-10 20:57:00

So sorry piglet. Mine started like yours, brown spotting followed by a scan with a hb. Followed by a huge bleed a week later, another scan with hb, and finally a mc two days after that. It's the uncertainty that made it more difficult for me to deal with, the ups followed by the big downs. No advice, as I am still trying to get my head around it all. Take it easy.

rachk32 Sat 20-Nov-10 21:23:43

its terrible, i feel your pain. Sorry x

spilttheteaagain Sat 20-Nov-10 21:24:12

So sorry Piglet, I hope you have some good support in RL too x

Piglet33 Sun 21-Nov-10 18:05:07

Thank you all for your kind words of support. It really is very comforting.

Feelings all over the place today. Quite positive and upbeat this morning and went into a whirlwind of tidying at home and organizing Christmas stuff. Now everything is tidy and sorted, feeling pretty flat. I know it is such an obvious thing to say, but I spent pretty much all of my pregnancy not quite believing I was pregnant and now I can't quite believe it is all over.

Everywhere I look there are of course babies or expectant Mums. I feel like I'm never going to be part of that and my chance has been snatched away.

Physically, I'm not too bad. Still bleeding quite a bit, but not unmanageable and moderate period like pain. Does anyone kmow how long the bleeding will last? They said two days to a week or so, but would be great to hear from anyone else who had a complete miscarriage.

Hope everyone else is faring ok. All of this has really brough home how much pain there is out there and how little we know about it. X

OnlyWantsOne Sun 21-Nov-10 18:11:21

sorry Piglet xx

digitalgirl Sun 21-Nov-10 18:12:12

So sorry to hear this has happened piglet sad I remember you posting after the first scan.
Experiences can vary but I bled for a week after a passed the sac, but the last few days were spotting. Hope it's not too long for you.

Piglet33 Sun 21-Nov-10 18:13:43

Thhanks both. How are you doing Digi? I remember reading your story a little while back.

mentalcat Sun 21-Nov-10 18:18:57

Oh Piglet, I share your misery too. I am so sorry for your loss. I am just getting over my 2nd MC in 6 mths.
The feeling of hope then it all being dashed away. The wanting to cry, but hard letting it all out. The carrying on and feeling like normal only to feel so low 2 mins later.

My MC wasnt complete, I thought it had all passed only to be scanned to say I hadnt passed the sac. I was lucky to have an ERPC which cleared it all up and I didnt bleed at all after, (just a little spotting), so I cant advise how long it may take.
But I can empathise with the every day you bleed it means you arent pregnant and not able to get pregnant ...yet.... but that wait goes on and on. An awful feeling of not being in control, wether you want to try again or leave it a while, its almost an impossible wait til your body decides when it ready.

I feel low sometimes, but always remember that it wasnt meant to be for whatever reason that I will never know. It helps to remember that.

Be strong and know that it will be over soon, and give your self lots of time to grieve. You have lost a 'bean' afterall.
Let people know that you are upset, dont try to put too much of a brave face on things, you have suffered a loss and it meant a lot to you.

Thinking of you x

digitalgirl Sun 21-Nov-10 19:08:20

Am ok, thanks for asking piglet. It's been three weeks since I miscarried but two weeks since I stopped bleeding and seems like I was pregnant in another lifetime. It's a burden this feeling of loss. You carry it around all the time, sometimes forgetting it's there but little things do remind you. But each day those reminders hurt less and less, it does get better. I have one ds already so am incredibly lucky, I try to focus on him.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: