Talk

Advanced search

periods after eprc

(51 Posts)
babydoe Mon 23-Aug-10 20:07:34

had an eprc 7 weeks go, how long have other people had to wait for their first period to come, still waiting

TwinkleToes76 Mon 23-Aug-10 20:18:40

23 after my first one and then 6 weeks after my second (it took a bout 2 weeks for the pregnancy hormone to leave my system and to get a negative HPT and after that I seemed to have a normal cycle i.e. ovulated 13 days after the negative test and period 14 days after that). I was told it could take about 6 or 7 weeks, so you're still within 'normal' range. If it takes much longer perhaps you should see your GP or call the Early Pregnancy Unit where you had the procedure done.

Did you take a pregnancy test after the ERPC to check if it was negative? Have you been trying to conceive during the 7 weeks since the ERPC?

banana87 Mon 23-Aug-10 21:00:12

5 weeks, just started mine. I did take a pregnancy test with a faint line but started the next day, so dont take any result for fact unless you have bloods done, if you do test.

TwinkleToes76 Mon 23-Aug-10 21:55:36

Sorry, that should have read 23 days after my first ERPC!

MummyAbroad Tue 24-Aug-10 04:09:47

Hi babydoe,

Its been nearly 6 weeks 5 days for me and I am still waiting. Waiting sucks :-(

I have poured over this info a million times, might be of some use to you too.

www.pregnancyloss.info/recovery.htm

youremindmeofthebabe Tue 24-Aug-10 07:49:12

Hi there, so sorry about your loss.
I found that my period was pretty bob-on 8 weeks after erpc. They say anything from 3 to 6 weeks after the bleeding stops, was what I was told. I did have a little spotting here and there before, but my real period was slightly heavier and longer than usual.

MummyAbroad Tue 24-Aug-10 21:27:40

thanks thebabe,

you have given me hope as I was very fixated on the 7 week number and already thinking something was wrong.

Tallybear Tue 24-Aug-10 21:47:24

My erpc was 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I'm still bleeding. We've just booked a holiday leaving in just under two weeks and now I'm paranoid that either I will still be bleeding or waiting for/in the middle of my period while we're out there. I need this holiday but could just without all that there. Presume by then it would be OK to wear tampons?

MummyAbroad Wed 25-Aug-10 04:39:05

Thats a hard one Tallybear,

In theory you should be alright, but there is always a chance of complications. Is there anyway you can get a doctors appointment so that you can get checked before you go just to make sure things are going as they should?

Do you think your recovery is progressing "normally" as described on the link I posted above?

Its not advisable to wear tampons at all because you often pass clots as well as blood and tampons would increase your risk of infection. If you did get an infection you would need to be treated very quickly with antibiotics - are you going somewhere where there is healthcare available? Try and take all your doctors notes with you just in case.

Sorry if I sound like the voice of doom, its because I suffered a lot of complications after my miscarriage and had the ERPC recently to fix them.

Hope you get well soon and are able to enjoy a well deserved holiday.

Tallybear Wed 25-Aug-10 22:25:49

Thanks MummyAbroad.

Perhaps I'll see the doc before I go if thing haven't moved on. Maybe it was rash to book something, but after the few months we've had we really needed a break and already had time off work booked which can't be moved. We're going to Tunisia! Not sure their healthcare is up to much.

I hope it is going 'normally'. I've had no pain/cramps or anything and it's not heavy, but I think probably a bit more than spotting. My erpc was following a mmc, rather than a mc; not sure if that makes a different. So sorry to hear you've been having problems - I do hope it all improves for you.

The site on your link mentions several things different to the advice I was given from the staff at the hospital and the GP; I was told that light bleeding could continue into my next period and not to have sex for 3 weeks after the op.

MummyAbroad Thu 26-Aug-10 01:47:54

Hi Tallybear

Of course you really need a holiday after all you have been through! Hope that you are able to do it.

Mine was a mmc too, I am not sure if there is much difference either, presumably there is more tissue (apologies if that word doesnt sound right) than if you started having a spontaneous miscarriage? But I am sure that every womans body and circumstance is different so probably best to let a doctor decide if you are recovering well.

Sounds like good news if your bleeding is not heavy and you have no pain/cramps. Will keep my fingers crossed for you that its all over soon,

take care

xxxx

babydoe Thu 26-Aug-10 10:12:09

hi twinkletoes76, i didn't take a test after procedure was done. I have been trying ever since procedure was done. Didn't have any bleeding since leaving hospital, think will do a test sonn, if negative will then go to doctors, it may be that i have stopped ovulating due to being 46, keep fingers crossed.

babydoe Thu 26-Aug-10 10:13:40

thanks everybody for your feedback, so sorry fo all your losses.

hubbahubster Thu 26-Aug-10 11:04:21

It's been 11 weeks since the ERPC and still no sign of my period. Called my GP's surgery last week and was told it can be anything up to three months! I've had 2 neg pregnancy tests so not pregnant… just hoping all's OK.

This sucks, doesn't it? So sorry for our losses.

kat2504 Thu 26-Aug-10 11:13:27

I've had a positive opk after 24 days so expecting af to show up in another two weeks after ov, that will make just about six weeks if the opk is correct. This is round about what I was told to expect. If you get to 8 weeks might be worth a pg test or a trip to docs. If you think you might not be ovulating due to age I think there are some home tests that check your level of FSH that you can buy on the internet,

MummyAbroad Thu 26-Aug-10 21:11:20

How is everyone doing?

I will be 7 weeks from ERPC tomorrow and am going slightly doolally now. Cant tell you how many times I have checked the diary.

My anxiety has been greatly heightened by:

1) having an internal scan done 2 weeks ago and doc telling me I was ovulating,grin lots of SWI followed - could I be pregnant?

2) My miscarriage started on MARCH 31, 4 months ago, and I am desperate to get AF and put it all behind me. (but BFP would be even nicer!)

hubbahubster I would be a little worried about the 3 month advice personally. The NHS website says 4-6
www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/954.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCat egoryID=

After my son was born I had an ERPC for retained placenta products and then didnt have periods for 6 months. I thought the two were related but it turned out I had a temporary thyroid problem, I was given progesterone tablets which made my periods start. If I were you I would go back to the doctor and ask if she recommends progesterone and/or the pill or some tests.

xxxxxxxxxx

babydoe Sat 28-Aug-10 19:25:27

Hi kat2504 just done a pg test negative, will book app with docs soon, fanx

lionmummy Mon 30-Aug-10 20:58:57

Babydoe, sorry to hear about your loss. I had an ERPC 4 weeks ago & it arrived today - although assume it's a period, having had a lot of on & off bleeding for the 2 weeks after the ERPC. Have had plenty of pmt symptoms so assume that it is!

wonderif Tue 31-Aug-10 00:37:35

hi lionmummy, how are you.

i still have had no period and bleeding has stopped for some time.

its just a waiting game isnt it and makes things even harder.

hubbahubster Tue 31-Aug-10 12:09:02

Thanks for your concern MummyAbroad, I've got a week off work now so I'll make an appt to see my GP

MummyAbroad Tue 31-Aug-10 16:45:50

Still not got mine, its just over 7 weeks now confused

LionMummy , I read that for it to count as a real period there should be a break of 20 days of no bleeding first.

The info is here www.pregnancyloss.info/first_period.htm

lionmummy Tue 31-Aug-10 20:23:32

Thank you MummyAbroad, I don't think 20 days has gone by, how annoying that it probably doesn't even count despite all the lovely pmt symptoms angry

babydoe Thu 16-Sep-10 17:22:27

hi everybody, period came 8 weeks after erpc. just have to keep on trying, hope everybody keeping well.

BayeauxT Sat 18-Sep-10 15:48:59

First one 8 or 9 weeks (can't remember exactly but it seemed like FOREVER), second was bang on 4 weeks after...

MummyAbroad Sat 18-Sep-10 16:28:26

still waiting for mine! BUT I have started temping and now know that I ovulated about 9-11 days ago, so not long now. Anyone else sick of waiting, I can really recommend getting a BBT themometer and taking your temperature every morning, makes you feel much more in control.

I put my data in this site www.fertilityfriend.com and it did all the chart stuff for me, easy peasy. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: