Talk

Advanced search

Year 6 national child measurement programme

(7 Posts)
CC38 Sat 01-Dec-18 22:50:01

Does anybody know if the school nursing team has to inform the parent before they make a referral for the child over the child's height or weight please ?

Starlight456 Sat 01-Dec-18 22:54:11

I thought parents received a letter first but I withdrew my ds

Mumshappy Sat 01-Dec-18 22:56:04

Letters are sent to any underweight/overweight childs parents/guardians

MeVoila Sat 01-Dec-18 23:05:09

We received the offer of a place on an Council/ NHS Dietitian led healthy living programme with our results letter. It was an excellent course and I'm glad I didn't just throw a reactionary mardy strop and get all offended by the offer.

CC38 Sun 02-Dec-18 22:30:05

Hi, thank you for your reply. Do you know if that course is compulsory or can you refuse it please ? 😊

MeVoila Mon 03-Dec-18 05:40:52

It was optional. I don't think they could 'make' anyone go. It was 2 hours a week for 8 weeks, in a leisure centre.
I thought they couldn't teach me anything but I was wrong. I appreciated the support of the professionals, and hearing other parents' experiences. DS enjoyed the activities. It was such a good opportunity to focus on DS and we were both very motivated. Six months later, we've tailed off terribly. I wish we could go again.

cushioncuddle Mon 03-Dec-18 07:03:10

It's optional but you really should go to benefit your child and to help you understand nutrition.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »