Talk

Advanced search

Choosing secondary school for girl in Camden

(4 Posts)
camdenmum123 Sat 29-Sep-18 15:52:25

Hi all, we've been to a couple of open evenings last week and so far our favourite schools are Acland Burghley and Parliament Hill school for girls. However, we live only steps away from Camden School for Girls...

I know that Parly and CSG are hard to get into, while AB isn't.

If I list Parly before CSG, would our daughter still be on top of the list for CSG (for proximity) if she doesn't get a place in Parly?

Zinnia Wed 17-Oct-18 23:03:44

Hi camdenmum123 you may get more joy posting this on the Secondary Education board as there are some admissions experts on there, but my understanding is that if you live steps fronm CSG you'd also be well in catchment for PHS, so more likely to get your first choice. The LA will offer you your first choice school if you meet the entry criteria; if you don't get a place at Parli for whatever reason but do qualify for CSG, then yes you should get a place at CSG. You'd then be on the waiting list for Parli. Hope that helps!

Nodressrehearsal Tue 10-Sep-19 19:39:57

CSG and Parliament Hill amazing schools. If you live so close to CSG & can get in go for it you’ll never look back.

TipseyTorvey Tue 10-Sep-19 20:31:28

I went to csg. Can confirm it's brilliant 😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »