Talk

Advanced search

Newly diagnosed learning difficulty

(2 Posts)
KatieBw Tue 29-Nov-16 19:52:46

Any advice please? My DS in his school for 11 years, the seniors for the past 4 and now in year 10. He has had behavioural problems in class that have led to a third and final suspension for a series of small infractions. So he is on the verge of expulsion and the school are v hard on him, they have a rigid behavioural code. But last week - after I asked- the in house learning support team tested him and have emailed me to say he processes slower than average and is entitled to 25% more time in exams. Feel aghast and v disappointed this wasn't noticed earlier as perhaps this could have been accommodated - he has frequently got into trouble for not understanding work and falling behind. I am about to pull him out of the school and put him in a more relaxed environment but does anyone know how I should broach his current school and what their obligations should've been to him? It's a private boys school.

Spottytop1 Tue 29-Nov-16 19:56:20

Is it only processing that he has difficulties with? If so It is difficult to identify in day to day teaching...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now