child never gets invited to parties or to people's house's I'm fed up of doing it all

(3 Posts)
IreallyKNOWiamright Sat 01-Oct-16 17:18:40

I feel so sorry for my daughter. She has struggled alot with friendship over the years so I try really hard to have her friends over and invite them for days out.
I'm getting to the point where I can't be bothered any more because no one invites her back. I wonder if it's because I'm different to the other parents I'm not one to go drinking or join in on pta etc and I don't know what else to do. She has recently made a really good friend locally but dispute us inviting the child to things other children get invited but not her. She isn't a nasty child and I don't know what I can do for her. She is hearing alot at school so in so is going round so in so's house tonight. I'm just so sick of it. Could it be because I'm diffeent and I'm not loud or out going. I'm not rude I do chat to parents at the gate too and know a few of them but I don't know what to do anymore for my daughter. What do others suggest.

Musicaldaughter2 Tue 20-Dec-16 12:05:59

I wouldn't worry. It might be because everyone at her school is very 'similar' - all interested in the same things like plaiting hair and playing skipping games. She'll find her niche eventually. It took my DD until she was 13- yes you read that right- to find any proper friends, and even now (14 year old) she struggles because they either live miles away or they are the year above. I myself didn't really have any close friends until university. Does your DD have any hobbies? Try finding friends there because they are all interested in the same thing, there is a common centre of interest. If not, sign her up for some clubs like netball, gymnastics, music or chess. If you look around you can normally find some cheap/free activities for kids if money is a problem. But don't let the friends thing bother you- she'll find her place in the world eventually flowers

wizzywig Tue 20-Dec-16 12:11:27

Im the same op. Dont drink and not in the pta. You know a good friemdship is worth waiting for. Some kids blossom in college or uni when its ok to be different from the norm (thats meant in a positive way, promise). Wish i could somehow get all these kids together so they could all say "we have a friend".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now