Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

approaching menopause -a period question

(5 Posts)
MaryAnnSingleton Tue 23-Jun-09 09:16:54

I am just wondering whether this might be a sign of oncoming menopause...periods have always been very regular all my life,even now..they aren't heavy or light,just normal I'd say. However my last one seems to be dragging on - I had it properly for about a week and since then it's been spotting and now seems to be quite red (sorry if TMI)again. I am wondering whether it might be a bit of emotional upheaval too - have recently been diagnosed with early breast cancer,had surgery and am now starting radiotherpay today...I'm also meant to be starting on tamoxifen soon,which will bring on menopausal things anyway. Any ideas ? thanks smile

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 23-Jun-09 10:09:20

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 23-Jun-09 15:48:37

mrsmerryweather Tue 23-Jun-09 20:34:15

sorry to hear about your cancer.

I think this is something you should mention to your dr- tbh, a longish period is the least of your worries and it's most likely down to all the emotional upheaval- you have other more important health issues- ggod luck.

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 24-Jun-09 09:48:13

thank you - I'll see what happens in the next few weeks !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now