Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Think this is it - peri menopausal - early menopause

(8 Posts)
MiTochondrialEve Tue 24-Feb-09 23:17:58

Have been noticing changes in my normally stopwatch cycle. Normally very heavy for first 2-3 days - last year v light then 1-2 days heavy then stop. This month for first time I spot mid-cycle. {hmm]I am 38.

Average age of women reaching
menopause is 52. A woman is said to have reached the menopause once she has not had a period for one year. Premature menopause affects 1% of women under the age of 40 and 0.1% of women who are under the age of 30. My sister has has early menopause before 40. Think this is it.

chuckeyegg Wed 25-Feb-09 07:32:49

Me to I think odd things have started to happen in my cycle.

I'm 42. Sending you a big hug.

TimeForMe Wed 25-Feb-09 08:26:57

ladies, get ye to holland and barratt and stock up on agnus cactus. My cycle, not to mention my mood swings, were terrible! I have been taking agnus cactus which is a natural hormone regulator for just over 3 months now and, not only is my cycle regular again the mood swings have gone, i am sleeping better and i feel great, better than i have in a long time.

I am 44 and my symptoms started 2 years ago. HTH

2shoes Wed 25-Feb-09 08:29:01

thanks for that tip, I am of to FP so will mention it to them, as I am having horrid long AF.

chuckeyegg Wed 25-Feb-09 12:46:44

Thanks TimeForMe, I'll try that.

xx

Mercy Wed 25-Feb-09 12:51:31

It could be.

As your sister had an early menopause I would see your GP as I believe they can give you a blood test.

I'm 45 and started experiencing random symptoms at around 42.

MorocconOil Wed 25-Feb-09 12:56:54

Another vote for Agnus Castus and Black cohosh. My periods were doing all sorts of weird things, but since taking these two supplements they have settled down.
The peri-menopause can last years, and changes are gradual. It is all very unsettling though and you have my sympathies.

springlamb Wed 25-Feb-09 13:04:02

My family has history of early menopause. My mum had me at 38, never had another period after that.
I've been feeling peri for a couple of years now and personally I can't wait. Bring it on!
I'm fed up of only being able to guess within a few days of when my period will come, and fed up of being dog tired for 10 days before that. And thinking ah well 2 clear towels I'm finished - when I'm not!
I don't need all this equipment and I'd like to pack it all up into the loft.
But have felt better this month since taking iron supplements - am sure I had become anaemic due to these weird periods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now