Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Quick question re period pains and the perimenopause

(9 Posts)
BecauseImWorthIt Wed 26-Nov-08 22:24:26

I have been asked to pitch for a project for a client that makes painkillers targeted at period pains. I have to put together a suggestion as to who we should include in the research.

Obviously we will need to talk to women who suffer from period pains.

But I wondered if those of you who had period pains, if it changed as you approached/are approaching the menopause? I have never really suffered (thankfully!) so although I am definitely perimenopausal, at 49, I have no clue about period pains, if they get worse/better, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

BecauseImWorthIt Thu 27-Nov-08 10:32:55

anyone?

Bubble99 Thu 04-Dec-08 08:57:39

I'm fairly sure I'm perimenopausal. I'm 42 and have have gone from having very regular both in length and heaviness of periods to irregular and varying in heaviness for the last 6 months or so.

I now have bad period pains, which I'd never had before - and also nausea, which is new for me.

cluckyagain Thu 04-Dec-08 08:59:53

OOOH - now thinking I may be perimenopausal (or at the beginning - only 38!) yes, heavier periods, period pain (appalling - like contractions last month) and nausea too - makes me suspect pregnancy each month til af arrives.

Bubble99 Thu 04-Dec-08 09:08:04

I've been sure that I'm pregnant a couple of times too shock Then reminded myself that sex is required. grin

ClausImWorthIt Thu 04-Dec-08 09:11:51

Unless you are called Mary ...

Bubble99 Thu 04-Dec-08 09:24:27

Aha! Yes indeedy. DS4 was miraculous....

Malificence Thu 20-Aug-09 10:46:56

I'm 43 and for the last 6 months I'm getting pretty awful pain for a day or so, worse in a morning, so bad they can stop me urinating and if I need a poo then it's like being in full labour!!!
I think that's more to do with my coil being at the end of it's life cycle tbh.

neversaydie Thu 20-Aug-09 11:24:50

Didn't really get worse as I approached menopause. They were however truly horrendous when I was a teenager. Maybe some mileage there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now