Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Is this the menopause.....?????????????

(14 Posts)
MoreTeaAnyone Mon 29-Sep-08 09:43:43

Hi
I have 2 lovely girls and I'm 32. I'm not really sure if what;s going on at the moment. I have a list of symptoms including, waking up during the night and not getting back to sleep for a while, being really moany, being really tired even though I'm going to bed at 8 every night. I have dryness and a lack of sex drive, my stomach is bloated (could be due to eating more!) but this months my period hasn't arrived. It was due 4 days ago. I've done 2 preg tests both negative and a menopause test-negative too. The doc has taken bloods and a urine sample and I'm waiting for a scan at the hospital. I've been having cramping for the past 2 weeks.

Any advice please...

MoreTeaAnyone Mon 29-Sep-08 09:49:20

bump

Dior Mon 29-Sep-08 09:50:48

Message withdrawn

MoreTeaAnyone Mon 29-Sep-08 09:52:02

Worried because my period has never been this late before, other than being pregnant of course.

Mercy Mon 29-Sep-08 09:53:04

Well the symptoms vary from woman to woman but it doesn't sound like any of the classic signs to me (alhtough a premature menopause may be different)

I'm going through the menopause and not experienced any of your symptoms

Hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

MoreTeaAnyone Wed 01-Oct-08 12:57:27

I got my blood results back and they are normal... if my blood is OK then why am I full of POF symptoms?

MoreTeaAnyone Wed 01-Oct-08 13:00:36

MoreTeaAnyone Wed 01-Oct-08 13:05:31

any ideas out there in the big wide world of mumsnet?

coochybottom Wed 01-Oct-08 18:26:58

What does the doc think is going on?

MoreTeaAnyone Wed 01-Oct-08 19:14:33

He says I might have mental health problems. I'm sure he was meaning stress. But that doesn't explain al my symptons.

Cocolepew Wed 01-Oct-08 19:16:06

Have you had a thryoid function test done?

MoreTeaAnyone Wed 01-Oct-08 19:17:31

I had every bllod test done and they are all normal.. Which is great but I've still got no period and many other annoying and irritating things going on.

coochybottom Thu 02-Oct-08 10:49:20

How wierd! Annoying too not knowing whats going on and wondering if you are going to come on or not! I have heard that stress can do this sort of thing but thought it would have to be quite extreme for your periods to shut down all together.When are you having the scan?

OrmIrian Fri 10-Oct-08 13:27:14

moretea - I have the same problem. Weird, irregular periods (for a few years actualy), anxiety, tiredness, various other odd things going on. I finally went to the GP and had blood tests. Negative for menopause and thyroid. Have some anti-Ds for the anxiety (which did get crippling at times) but that's it. I am supposed to go back in a month to review the anti-Ds. But she wasn't interested in the weird cycle thing.

Very confusing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now