Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

blimey here is a whoel new topic to hide!

(10 Posts)
FluffyMummy123 Sat 09-Aug-08 18:51:15

Message withdrawn

cocolepew Sat 09-Aug-08 18:53:13

I didn't know this was here! Thanks for the public service Cod. You'll need it one day...

<<hot flush emoticon>>

Twiglett Sat 09-Aug-08 18:56:49

I think this is here because like many 'woman' related topics it is brushed under the carpet and we know nothing about it and then we just deal with a number of distressing health and psychological issues alone

we don't talk about the menopause .. even though either that or death is inevitable for women

we don't even talk about the perimenopause .. even though that kicks in a good 10 years before your menopause so if you're late 30s or early 40s it's relevant to you too (or will be in a few years)

jelliebelly Sat 09-Aug-08 19:20:52

This has to be the one topic that women don't ever speak enough about or learn enough about before it happens. Think of all the pregnancy/birth related stuff that our mothers never knew about and therefore most probably either put up with or freaked out about because they were none the wiser. I think we need to talk about this much more openly and educate each other.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 09-Aug-08 19:27:49

Cod, denial is one of the 43 (was it 43??) signs of the menopause.

<forgetfulness is another lol>

turquoise Sat 09-Aug-08 19:29:59

Haha you just wait!

I was thinking the other day how odd mn will be in a few years, when all the oldies have teenagers and are struggling with their hot flushes.

I discovered a whole new and utterly revolting angle on perimenopause the other day, will start a thread shortly. Get hiding the topic Cod.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 09-Aug-08 19:35:54

Spill it turquoise. I'm getting more interested in menopause tales than birth stories these days.

TheGirlWithGreenEyes Sat 09-Aug-08 20:24:11

Sadly I will be clicking on this topic frequently in the not too distant future I think...

NormaStanleyBelcher Sat 09-Aug-08 20:29:37

OK - have had a read of some of the threads and there is some really good advice there.

hide away but I think it is a great idea

girlnextdoor Mon 11-Aug-08 15:26:32

there are plenty of us on MN who have older children and who are menopausal smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now