Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

tender boobs all the time. Is this the start?

(19 Posts)
fizzbuzz Sat 24-May-08 14:17:39

Tey used to get very sore before a period, but now they just hurt all the time. Not as bad as before a period, but still painful. They feel very swollen as well (or maybe I've just put on weighthmm

Also periods getting closer togther. Used to be every 32 days, now every 27. Is this typical of perimenopoause?

MatildaM Sat 24-May-08 16:53:28

Don't know but I've had exact same symptoms and wondered whether this was it?

fizzbuzz Sat 24-May-08 17:06:08

Anyone?

colette Sat 24-May-08 17:26:21

I think the shorter cycles is , sorry don't know if tender boobs is.

QueenMeabhOfConnaught Sat 24-May-08 17:28:28

I've had this for a while now but my periods are increasingly infrequent rather than more frequent!!!!

hls Sat 24-May-08 19:09:22

Yes- it might mean your hormones are abit up the creek.

Don't worry too much though- my cycles ranged from average 32/33 days in my late teens/early 20s to every 17-18 days at times once I hit 51/52.

Anything from 21-35 is considered "normal" so you aren't really "there " yet!

SalVolatile Thu 11-Sep-08 21:52:21

Fizzbuzz - are you still around? Only my boobs are swollen and tender and my periods are getting closer together, not fading out angry. I am 47, fatigued all the time (but that could be the wine wink and really hope that there is something along the lines of a supplement that would help. Have googed (bad, bad idea) but seems that progesterone levels may be falling. I just wondered how things had progressed with you, and if anyone else was experiencing the same thing? Please?

SalVolatile Thu 11-Sep-08 21:53:12

googled, that is blush

MrsFlittersnoop Fri 12-Sep-08 18:07:37

Hi Sal Volatile and everyone. I'm 47 too and I guess it's time I joined this topic after a year of night sweats, rapid weight gain, loss of libido, tiredness, yada yada etc etc.

I think I've been in denial about it all, but my last 3 cycles have been 2 weeks, 6 weeks,
(shock shock panic preg. test blush ) and then 3 weeks, after being as regular as clockwork every 27 days for the last 35 years.

DH woke me up the other night to ask if we could change the sheets, because the bed was wringing wet sad and I was literally running with sweat.

Sal Volatile - I'm just started taking a supplement called "YMEA" which was highly recommended to me by a poster on another forum. It takes a few weeks to start working apparently, but I'll keep everyone updated on its effectiveness.

Anyone else suffering from appalling memory problems? It's caused me some difficulties at work TBH and really affected my confidence.

SalVolatile Fri 12-Sep-08 18:52:54

Hi Mrs F, I'd be really interested to know if the supplement works. I went to look for some today, but it seems that most of them contained estrogen support which I don't need if I'm right about the progesterone level being the problem. I'm now trying to find out if there is a natural Progesterone replacement I could try before braving the GP....

Acinonyx Fri 12-Sep-08 19:28:34

Any news on the supplements? I'm 46, shortening cycle, sweats, tender knockers and a nasty temper. I'm a bit surprised as I had dd at 43 and was approved for another IVF at 45!

I have mood problems anyway and always hoped they might improved at menopause. Doesn't look like it though and that is the most worrying thing of all.

fizzbuzz Fri 12-Sep-08 19:58:20

They seem to have stopped hurting a bit, I think it was just an awkward month. Sorry

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 18-Sep-08 09:53:27

Have just happened upon this thread and was about to start my own. I was 50 yesterday but have had absolutely no menopause symptoms but just the other day my left breast was aching, not hurting, but a sporadic dull sensation,similar to before a period, just on one side. I think because I was aware of it I am forcussing on my chest and feeling it feels bigger,as before a period..if that makes sense ! It is just after my last period too - these are as regular as clockwork still btw.
I have made appt to see the doctor on Monday, but wondered whether it might be hormonal ? It seems appropriate to occur just about on my big birthday grin
but I am fretting about it..

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 18-Sep-08 10:24:20

bump

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 18-Sep-08 11:35:53

Winetimeisfinetime Thu 18-Sep-08 11:47:40

I am 49 and occasionally get pains in my left breast, similar to those you describe MaryAnn. These are not usually premenstrual and last for a day or two and then disappear. I have found though, that as I teeter towards the menopause I no longer get much if any premenstrual breast tenderness at all these days.

This is offset unfortunately by much heavier and closer together periods which seems to be a general symptom of perimenopause.

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 18-Sep-08 11:50:53

thank you Winetime - everything else seems to be as usual with me, just this breast thing which has only just happened - still tender today after about 6 days

cocolepew Thu 18-Sep-08 11:52:16

There was a sore boob thread the other day HTH

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 18-Sep-08 12:04:46

thanks coco smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now