Talk

Advanced search

Pelvic ultrasound

(2 Posts)
GoldenZoe Mon 18-Nov-19 16:46:23

I had a pelvic ultrasound nine months ago which was normal. This was for sporadic spotting and bleeding. However despite not having had any kind of menstrual activity for the best part of the last year and despite the normal scan the bleeding and spotting/pink discharge have continued. My GP has referred me to gynaecology recommending something about a vinegar test on the cervix (most recent pap ok two years ago) but they have just phoned with the ultrasound appointment in the next few days. I'm left wondering what the point of a repeat scan so soon after the last is and/or if it may precede a hysteroscopy? Anyone had anything missed on an ultrasound? Im not worried really just fed up to be honest this has been going on a while.

JinglingHellsBells Mon 18-Nov-19 17:29:37

I've not heard of the 'vinegar' test but thought something similar (not with vinegar) was part of a colposcopy to look for abnormal cervical cells? Maybe you need to phone your GP or wherever you are having the scan to ask what's going on.
Lots of things can cause spotting- polyps, cervical erosion (nothing to do with cancer) or even vaginal dryness if the walls get really sore and thin.

Has anyone examined you apart from having a scan? was it a TVS (vaginal scan)?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »