Talk

Advanced search

Is this peri-menopause?

(5 Posts)
Tun55 Fri 15-Nov-19 21:47:24

Hi all,
I was in absolute agony before my periods started this time. My boobs hurt a lot and I was convinced there was something sinister happening. On day2, the pain disappeared like magic. Zero pain.
Also, the flow has considerably lightened in the last few cycles. I never had boob pain ever, it all just started a few cycles ago and is getting worse.
My periods: I used to have proper flow day1 to day5. I used to wear a pad on day 6 too ! Now - day 1 very little brown blood. Day2-Day3 proper flow, day4 - brownish blood light flow and day 5 nothing!! My cycle seems to have become slightly longer but periods are regular.

I’m very anxious, but we are going through stressful times anyway. Also, one side of my face felt suddenly hot a few times. It lasted only a couple of minutes. Zero sex drive.

I’m only 37! Could this be peri-menopause?

Aquamarine1029 Fri 15-Nov-19 21:48:23

It most certainly could be.

www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/teach-me/113666670/perimenopause-lead-up-to-menopause-very-uncomfortable-and-poorly-understood

Bluntness100 Fri 15-Nov-19 21:49:31

It could also be stress op. Has your diet changed?

Tun55 Sat 16-Nov-19 07:46:10

Diet changes - good point! I’ve started eating sensibly - eating only when I’m hungry and listening to my body. I’ve lost a few lbs. I’m still 4-5 kg overweight

JinglingHellsBells Sat 16-Nov-19 11:58:18

Eating more healthily ought to ease symptoms not make them worse!

It could very well be peri so keep an eye on it for another 3-4 months. If you miss periods or your cycles get further apart or closer together, you must see your GP for blood tests because peri at your age would be considered an 'illness' (estrogen deficiency) and you would need to use HRT if your periods fizzled out before late 40s.

Read up on early menopause.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »