Talk

Advanced search

Is this likely to be peri or anxiety?

(3 Posts)
catanplayer Mon 11-Nov-19 09:10:21

I've been suffering with feeling anxious since the beginning of the year - generally the week before my period. I had been noting it down, so I realised the pattern. Went to GP in May and he thought hormonal so had blood tests (all normal) and he suggested agnus castus - that has done bugger all. I'm tearful, anxious and have vivid dreams the week before my period. However, I'm now randomly anxious at other times in the month.

I struggle with the physical side of anxiety - racing heart, feeling like I can't swallow or breathe, weird fluttering at the base of my sternum. My periods are regular - would HRT help this? Do I even need HRT? My GP has recently retired - hurrah! He was lovely, but never any help for me. I rarely visited so he assumed I don't like medication hmm

JinglingHellsBells Mon 11-Nov-19 15:53:59

Sounds more like PMS. You could look at treatments like a low dose Pill which are sometimes given for this. You might also want to look into CBT ( some courses are online) and things like yoga and mindfulness for the pre-period week. How old are you?

catanplayer Mon 11-Nov-19 16:17:32

47. My GP won't give me the pill as he doesn't like my blood pressure. It's actually fine, but goes high at the GP. I've told him this.
It's a new GP, so I'll see - made appointment for later in the week. I get fresh air and exercise every day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »