Talk

Advanced search

Premature Menopause?

(5 Posts)
JorisBonson Tue 29-Oct-19 18:42:19

I'm 35 and wondering if I'm creeping towards early menopause.

I've been on Cerazette for a few years, I can't have any other pill as too much estrogen unbalances my hormones and gives me migraines. All good until the last 4/5 months, no periods, no weight gain and no migraines.

Lately I've been experiencing really bad night sweats along with difficulty sleeping and horribly vivid dreams. I've gained weight, lost some interest in sex, am harier than I have been and been getting terrible brain fog.

The last couple of weeks I've been getting migraines again, which always happens when my hormones are out of kilter, and I'm on day 10 of a period.

Could these be early premature menopause symptoms? My mum and gran both had hysterectomies in their early 40s so I've no way of knowing if this happened to them.

I have a GP's appointment booked but am I just reading too much into this?

madcatladyforever Tue 29-Oct-19 18:44:29

Sounds more like PCOS to me or something similar. I'd get checked out.

Emerald13 Tue 29-Oct-19 23:37:53

It is possible, you can check your FSH and see.

Hairydogmummy Sun 10-Nov-19 00:09:02

How did you get on@JorisBonson ? I was probably 37-8 when I started getting like this. My fsh is apparently normal but I'm still convinced it was/is early peri menopause

Aquamarine1029 Sun 10-Nov-19 00:13:35

You are not too young for peri-menopause, op.

www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/teach-me/113666670/perimenopause-lead-up-to-menopause-very-uncomfortable-and-poorly-understood

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »