Talk

Advanced search

What HRT are you on if you’re peri and need a contraceptive?

(4 Posts)
Cherrypie32 Mon 14-Oct-19 14:47:53

I’m going back to the GP on Friday. I think I’ve settled on pill rather than coil option. I wondered what others have chosen and how it’s working for you?

rosie39forever Mon 14-Oct-19 16:05:24

I have mirena and evorel 50 patch. I've had the mirena for years for heavy periods which has been great as it totally stopped my periods, i also like the fact that the progesterone goes directly to where it's needed as opposed to a pill which is absorbed via the liver. I also went for transdermal oestrogen as the clotting risk is negligible compared to pills which suits me. I have to say since I've been on HRT I feel so much better.

Notmyideamovingon Mon 14-Oct-19 20:56:02

Mirena and gel

Melroses Wed 16-Oct-19 20:25:52

I used femoston & condoms, but if I was doing it again, I would go for mirena & transdermal oestrogen.

I was too squeamish about the mirena idea (it was dumped on me when I was taken off the pill unexpectedly and when I cam round to the idea, the doctor that did them had retired and I was 50 so the FPC wouldn't do it).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »